AW: [icf-dev] Building a dynamic view against a temp-table

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:16

MessageThanks for the response Peter, but that was exactly what I tried, building a dynamic viewer against the TT SDO in the AppBuilder. When I tried to save the viewer the AppBuilder was complaining that it couldn't build the data fields. In the meantime I gave it another try and succeeded in doing the following:

First, I imported the db-table which I use for the temp-table definition as an entity, and second (very important) I didn't change the name of the temp-table like I used to do. So the temp-table has the same name as the db-table that exists as an entity in my repository.

Thanks again and maybe this information is useful for somebody,

Richard.

-Ursprüngliche Nachricht-

Von: Peter Judge

Gesendet: Montag, 20. Jänner 2003 12:00

An: dev@icf.possenet.org

Betreff: RE: Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Hi Richard,

The Object Generator will not be able to build dynamic viewers from the TT SDO, but I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to build a dynamic viewer against a TT SDO using the AppBuilder. I haven't tried this myself, but in theory (and yes, we all know about theory and practise ) it should work no problems.

HTH,

Peter