AW: [icf-dev] Building a dynamic view against a temp-table

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:16

MessageThanks for the response Peter, but that was exactly what I tried, building a dynamic viewer against the TT SDO in the AppBuilder. When I tried to save the viewer the AppBuilder was complaining that it couldn't build the data fields. In the meantime I gave it another try and succeeded in doing the following:

First, I imported the db-table which I use for the temp-table definition as an entity, and second (very important) I didn't change the name of the temp-table like I used to do. So the temp-table has the same name as the db-table that exists as an entity in my repository.

Thanks again and maybe this information is useful for somebody,

Richard.

-Ursprüngliche Nachricht-

Von: Peter Judge

Gesendet: Montag, 20. Jänner 2003 12:00

An: dev@icf.possenet.org

Betreff: RE: Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Hi Richard,

The Object Generator will not be able to build dynamic viewers from the TT SDO, but I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to build a dynamic viewer against a TT SDO using the AppBuilder. I haven't tried this myself, but in theory (and yes, we all know about theory and practise ) it should work no problems.

HTH,

Peter

-Original Message-

Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 12:03 PM

To: dev@icf.possenet.org

Subject: Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Hello all,

I've just successfully built a static SDO against a Temp-Table and a dynamic browser against that SDO and it all works fine. But when I try to build a dynamic viewer against that SDO, I experience the following problem: I always get an error claiming that the data fields cannot be built since there is no entity! Before I invest more time, are dynamic viewers against temp-table SDO supported or do I have to go for a static viewer ?

Any help is appreciated,

Richard Lausecker

att1.html

All Replies

This thread is closed