RE: [icf-dev] Building a dynamic view against a temp-table s

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:00

Hi Richard,

The Object Generator will not be able to build dynamic viewers from the TT SDO, but I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to build a dynamic viewer against a TT SDO using the AppBuilder. I haven't tried this myself, but in theory (and yes, we all know about theory and practise ) it should work no problems.

HTH,

Peter

-Original Message-

From: Richard Lausecker

Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 12:03 PM

To: dev@icf.possenet.org

Subject: Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Hello all,

I've just successfully built a static SDO against a Temp-Table and a dynamic browser against that SDO and it all works fine. But when I try to build a dynamic viewer against that SDO, I experience the following problem: I always get an error claiming that the data fields cannot be built since there is no entity! Before I invest more time, are dynamic viewers against temp-table SDO supported or do I have to go for a static viewer ?

Any help is appreciated,

Richard Lausecker

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 08:30

The only way this will work is if you use the

"temp-db" approach. IOW, you must create a db (and it

must be) named temp-db. Create a table in this db

that has the same structure as the TT. You must have

this db connected during development. It does not

need to be connected during run-time.

However, there will probably be problems because you

must do an entity import to built against and then

you'll have entity entries for a db that isn't

connected at run-time. This is part of the large

issues that PSC is trying to solve for support of TT

SDOs.

Rick