[icf-dev] Setup of Posse Dynamics 2.

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Jan-2003 10:33

Hi,

I am trying to install the current release of Dynamics 2.

I downloaded the latest sources with Wincvs and run the pbuild.

I created the database: icfdb

I need info about:

- which data should be loaded into the ICFDB.

- Can I load data via Data Admin or do I need a specific tool? which?

- Do I need to load sequence values? Where?

- More ?

I cannot find this info in any documentatie on the POSSE website.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -<http://www.cargomate.com/>

CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Jan-2003 10:36

Martin,

I would recommend setting up an icon to run the DCU (Dynamics

Configuration Utility) with the download that you have made. This allows

you to quickly and painlessly create new ICFDB databases.

An example of a command line is :

Target :

D:\dlc91d\bin\prowin32.exe -p icfcfg.w -icfparam

DCUSETUPTYPE=ProgressSetup

Start-In : D:\Dynamics20A\gui\icf

HTH

Thomas Hansen

Managing Director

___________________________________

MIP Europe A/S

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Jan-2003 10:41

Hi Martin,

To setup the icfdb database you can use the DCU (dynamics configuration

utility). Since you have d/l'd and didn't use the installer you'll have

to configure a shortcut file to run it.

You'll want to create a shortcut similar to this:

target: C:\progress91d\bin\prowin32.exe -p icfcfg.w -icfparam

DCUSETUPTYPE=ProgressSetup -T c:\temp

start in: c:\dynamics\auto_posse_main\gui\icf

The DCU will setup the database and load the data for you.

mattB

Martin Bos wrote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to install the current release of Dynamics 2.

>I downloaded the latest sources with Wincvs and run the pbuild.

>I created the database: icfdb

>I need info about:

>- which data should be loaded into the ICFDB.

>- Can I load data via Data Admin or do I need a specific tool? which?

>- Do I need to load sequence values? Where?

>- More ?

>I cannot find this info in any documentatie on the POSSE website.

>Can anybody help me?

>Best regards,

>Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

>CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

>tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -

>CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

>Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Jan-2003 10:44

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this info. Is it documented somewhere?

May be I missed it.

Martin Bos wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install the current release of Dynamics 2.

I downloaded the latest sources with Wincvs and run the pbuild.

I created the database: icfdb

I need info about:

- which data should be loaded into the ICFDB.

- Can I load data via Data Admin or do I need a specific tool? which?

- Do I need to load sequence values? Where?

- More ?

I cannot find this info in any documentatie on the POSSE website.

Can anybody help me?

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Jan-2003 11:00

Hi Martin,

The icfdb can be created with

\src\icf\db\icf\dfd\icfdbfull.df

and loaded with .d's from

\src\icf\db\icf\dump

and you can use the Progress Admin tools to do this.

However, if you are upgrading from 1.1SP3 you should

use the DCU and let it convert your old 1.1 icdfb for

you. It works pretty well.

Tom