[icf-dev] FlagValue Attribute of DynCombo

Posted by LegacyUser on 03-Feb-2003 16:37

Hello,

In the instance properties of a dynamic combo box is an attribute called

Default Value but is stored in the repository as FlagValue. Does this not

set the initial value of a combo box on initialization? I have the extra

options set to was what I had as the former default value. Am I not using this

attribute in the correct manner?

Thanks,

Sam

The

Instant Web Sam Schroeder

Companies Programmer Analyst

Total Package

Production email:

for Direct samuel.schroeder@iwco.com

Marketers Phone: 952 470-3252

Fax: 952 380-3990

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 03-Feb-2003 19:24

There is a bug (don't know IZ#, but a search should

turn it up) that when you edit the "instance

attributes", you are really editing the master. You

have to use the RMT to change the instance values.

Rick

Samuel.Schroeder@iwco.com wrote:

Hello,

In the instance properties of a dynamic combo box is

an attribute called

Default Value but is stored in the repository as

FlagValue. Does this not

set the initial value of a combo box on

initialization? I have the extra

options set to and Data and the Default Value

set to one of items I

know will be in the list. However, it still shows

on startup.

was what I had as the former default value.

Am I not using this

attribute in the correct manner?

Thanks,

Sam

The

Instant Web Sam Schroeder

Companies Programmer Analyst

Total Package

Production email:

for Direct samuel.schroeder@iwco.com

Marketers Phone: 952 470-3252

Fax: 952 380-3990

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail:

dev-help@icf.possenet.org

=====

Rick Terrell

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 04-Feb-2003 08:49

Hi Samuel,

The 'FlagValue' attribute is explained in the SmartDataField spec. In short,

it contains the default value for the and options.

This needs to be set to the value that must be assigned when or is selected in you combo. This value would then be saved to your database if

the combo were dropped onto a database field. The spec has more detail on

why this value is required.

Mark Davies

Project Leader

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-1836 (Direct)

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-1800 (Switchboard)

Fax: +27 (0)11 576-2601

Cell: +27 (0)73 287 1254

MIP

2nd Floor, Zone 2

Wrigley Field, The Campus

Sloane Avenue, Bryanston

In the instance properties of a dynamic combo box is an attribute called

set the initial value of a combo box on initialization? I have the extra

options set to and Data and the Default Value set to one of items I

know will be in the list. However, it still shows on startup.

was what I had as the former default value. Am I not using this

attribute in the correct manner?

Thanks,

Sam

The

Instant Web Sam Schroeder

Companies Programmer Analyst

Total Package

Production email:

for Direct samuel.schroeder@iwco.com

Marketers Phone: 952 470-3252

Fax: 952 380-3990

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.