[icf-dev] SOLVED > BUFFER-FIELD EnabledObjFldsToDisable w

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Feb-2003 08:17

Finally I have succeeded.

Apparently you may NOT do an update of the ICFDB (with the DCU) before

upgrading the Roundtable Environment. You must perform the DCU in the

Roundtable Environment otherwise, the ICFDB-db gets mixed up! When you

are using Dynamics 2.0a integrated with Roundtable after installing the

SP01 in your local Dynamics environment the DCU may not be executed. You

must execute everything witin the Roundtable environment

Regards,

Yves

-Original Message-

From: Yves Van Eester

Sent: woensdag 12 februari 2003 11:32

To: 'dev@icf.possenet.org'

Subject: BUFFER-FIELD EnabledObjFldsToDisable was not found in

ADMProps

Hello,

Configuration: DYNAMICS 2.0A SP 01

ROUNDTABLE 9.1C

PROGRESS V9.1D SP03

We have installed the SP01 for dynamics 2.0a integrated with

Roundtable. After the complete installation is done and we restart our

development environment, several errors occurs when running a

container with dynamic objects:

BUFFER-FIELD EnabledObjFldsToDisable was not found in ADMProps. (7351)

Invalid widget-handle. Not initialized or points to a deleted widget.

(3135)

Cannot access the BUFFER-VALUE attribute because the widget does not

exist. (3140)

I've looked up this error message on Tech Support an there they

mention to recompile all SDO's, but a DynSDO cannot be compiled. Check

the propath but I've double checked my propath and everything looks

fine.

I've also tried running these containers in an environment Dynamics

2.0A SP01 without Roundtable integrated and I'm having the same

problem.

When running this containers in the old environment Dynamics 2.0A

without SP01, integrated with RTB or not integrated with RTB there are

no problems.

Has somebody any idea what went wrong during the installation or what

I have to check or modify? I've also logged this at tech support but

no answer yet.

Regards,

Yves Van Eester

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Feb-2003 08:21

Hi Yves,

It depends on which workspace you are updating. The receipt workspace,

has to be updated with the DCU from outside Roundtable. You should do

the partner load of the new Roundtable package before doing the update

though.

For the other workspaces, the integration with the DCU will allow you to

do upgrades of your workspaces during an import process. However, there

are some pre-requisites for this - which are documented in the updated

install and set-up guide for Roundtable and Dynamics available from

http://psdn.progress.com/library/whitepapers/dynamics/scm_rtb_setup_v2.p

df. It is important that the steps outlined here are followed very

closely.

You should also pay close attention to the extra notes on upgrades in

the Release Notes for the service pack.

Regards

Thomas Hansen

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Feb-2003 08:43

Hi Thomas,

I've followed the 'Progress Dynamics Version 2 Source Code Management:

Roundtable TSMS Installation and Setup' line by line and did everything

mentioned in it (§ 3.4). And now everything works fine.

The mistake I made was following the release notes. It is mentioned to

perform the DCU on your ICFDB after installing the SP01 on your local

dynamics environment and because we setup our environment with only 1

icfdb, the problem occured. Now I've setup a complete new ICFDB for the

receipt workspace.

Thx for your extra information.

Kind Regards,

Yves Van Eester

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Feb-2003 08:44

You're welcome.

Regards

Thomas Hansen