[icf-dev] Multiple logcp for 1 SDO

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Feb-2003 09:57

Hi,

Is it possible to have 1 SDO with more than 1 logic-procedure?

Sometimes I need an SDO which combines several tables(1:1:1) and must offer

operations on it. Doing this, results in the situation that logic for table1

is

needed in several SDO's when table1 is used in several SDO's.

(I know it sounds like SBO, but that's not the way I want to/can go....)

So when I have 2 tables (each with there own table1fullo and table2fullo and

table1logcp and table2logcp) with a 1:1 relation, and I build an

SDO (e.g. complexfullo.w) which contains these 2 tables I

would like to have table1logcp and table2logcp as super of the complexfullo.

Is it enough to adjust the datalogic.i to let it start several

logicprocedures by

expanding the preprocessor &DATA-LOGIC-PROCEDURE to have a list

of logic-procedure names?

The same happens with viewers.

When I have made several viewers each with their own super for

handling the logic in the viewers, I have to make 1 big viewer which

contains fields of several

these existing viewers. But then I would like to add the existing

super-procedures

to the big viewer.

Best regards,

Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -<http://www.cargomate.com/>

CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Feb-2003 10:04

Hi Martin,

In short. No for SDOs.

The reason you can't is that the logic procedure uses the SDO include

file. Both the SDO and the logic procedure share this include file for

the temp-table definition that it contains. If the definition is

different, then the passing of data between the SDO and the logic

procedure cannot take place since the temp-tables won't match.

I suggest that you isolate your logic into a PLIP simply call it from

within the separate data logic procedures.

You could probably do it with viewers but it would be tricky. You would

need to handle the super stack yourself and be extremely certain that

you got it right. Of course it wouldn't be supported. You would

also have to handle the removing of the super procedures from memory

when the object terminated.

Once again, you'll probably need to use a PLIP in this case.

mattB

Martin Bos wrote:

>Hi,

>Is it possible to have 1 SDO with more than 1 logic-procedure?

>Sometimes I need an SDO which combines several tables(1:1:1) and must offer

>operations on it. Doing this, results in the situation that logic for table1

>is

>needed in several SDO's when table1 is used in several SDO's.

>(I know it sounds like SBO, but that's not the way I want to/can go....)

>So when I have 2 tables (each with there own table1fullo and table2fullo and

>table1logcp and table2logcp) with a 1:1 relation, and I build an

>SDO (e.g. complexfullo.w) which contains these 2 tables I

>would like to have table1logcp and table2logcp as super of the complexfullo.

>Is it enough to adjust the datalogic.i to let it start several

>logicprocedures by

>expanding the preprocessor &DATA-LOGIC-PROCEDURE to have a list

>of logic-procedure names?

>The same happens with viewers.

>When I have made several viewers each with their own super for

>handling the logic in the viewers, I have to make 1 big viewer which

>contains fields of several

>these existing viewers. But then I would like to add the existing

>super-procedures

>to the big viewer.

>Best regards,

>Martin Bos - mailto:martin.bos@cargomate.com

>CargoMate BV - Meerwal 21 B - 3432 ZV - Nieuwegein - NL

>tel. +31(0)30-6048811 - fax +31(0)30-6090000 -

>CargoMate - Global Logistics Software Solutions

>Bangkok - Dubai - Amsterdam - Miami - San Francisco - Los Angeles

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 13-Feb-2003 10:41

Matt,

Thanks for the quick answer.

martin