[icf-dev] Schema Triggers

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Feb-2003 09:06

Hello,

I have a new database that I want to use with Dynamics 2. I have defined _obj

fields for all tables and also added foreign keys where needed. I suppose I

have to add some Database triggers so that the _obj fields are beeing assigned

with the correct values on create.

Are there any documentation on how to do this... We do not use ERwin.

best regards

Reidar

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Feb-2003 09:10

Hi,

You need code like:

RUN ry/app/rygetnobjp.p (INPUT YES, /* increment */

OUTPUT iSeqObj1,

OUTPUT iSeqObj2,

OUTPUT iSeqSiteDiv,

OUTPUT iSeqSiteRev,

OUTPUT iSessnId).

ASSIGN

dSeqNext = DECIMAL((iSeqObj2 * 1000000000.0) + iSeqObj1)

.

IF iSeqSiteDiv <0

AND iSeqSiteRev <0

THEN

ASSIGN

dSeqNext = dSeqNext + (iSeqSiteRev / iSeqSiteDiv).

(see af/sup/aftrigproc.i)

martin

I have a new database that I want to use with Dynamics 2. I have defined

_obj

fields for all tables and also added foreign keys where needed. I suppose I

have to add some Database triggers so that the _obj fields are beeing

assigned

with the correct values on create.

Are there any documentation on how to do this... We do not use ERwin.

best regards

Reidar

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Feb-2003 09:21

Hello,

Thanks Martin for your fast reply,

I somewhat get the picture of what to do, but I wonder if there are any

documents/whitepapers that describes the exact process that must be done (that

is, the most basic triggercode needed for _obj fields to be assigned

correctly).

best regard

Reidar

===== Original Message From Martin Bos =====

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Feb-2003 09:30

Hi

I do not know of any documentation, but I can sent you a set of default

create,write and delete triggers

which are generated by Erwin.

NOTE: I am using Dynamics 1.1a SP3.01

Martin

I have a new database that I want to use with Dynamics 2. I have defined

_obj

fields for all tables and also added foreign keys where needed. I suppose I

have to add some Database triggers so that the _obj fields are beeing

assigned

with the correct values on create.

Are there any documentation on how to do this... We do not use ERwin.

best regards

Reidar

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Feb-2003 09:45

Thanks Martin,

I have the triggers that they use in the repository Database (also ERwin

generated), and I suppose they are somewhat like those I need in my own

database. If there are no documents that explain this any further I will have

a look at those and try to modify them for my needs. I use Dynamics 2, perhaps

the triggers have changed since 1.1a, so I am probably better off with the

triggers I find in the ICFDB.

Thanks anyway...