[icf-dev] Linking 2 dynamic comboboxes using parent fields

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Feb-2003 04:49

A little question.

I have a DynViewer (based on table Users) with two Object-fields.

The first object field is replaced by a DynCombo e.g. Companies (=

users.company_obj)

The second object field is replaced by a DynCombo e.g. Office (=

users.office_obj)

When clicking on the second combobox only the Offices of the selected

company may be displayed. For some strange reason the second combobox

displays all Offices although I specified the parent fields and query.

The Parent Field of the second combobox contains the value

'users.company_obj'.

The Parent Filter Query of the second combobox contains the value

'office.company_obj = DECIMAL('&1').

Is this correct?

Table 'company' has 3 fields:

company.company_obj

company.company_code

company.company_description

Table 'office' has 4 fields:

office.office_obj

office.company_obj

office.office_code

office.office_description

Table 'users' has 5 fields

users.users_obj

users.company_obj

users.office_obj

users.user_code

users.user_description

Kind regards,

Yves Van Eester

INTRIS N.V. Tel. +32 (0) 3 326 50 75

Gijsbrecht van Deurnelaan 22, bus 3 Fax +32 (0) 3 326 42 23

2100 Deurne, Belgium E-mail: Yves.VanEester@intris.be

Support: support@intris.be

Website: www.intris.be

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Feb-2003 04:59

Try using just company_obj in the parent fields.

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Feb-2003 05:46

Mike,

Thx, I have completly overlooked that solution.

Regards,

Yves