[icf-dev] Execute the save button in a toolbar without pushi

Posted by LegacyUser on 25-Feb-2003 04:44

I'm lost in space ...

What is the easiest way to execute the save button in a standaard

toolbar without pushing the save button?

A dynamic button is created on a dynamic viewer and when the user

presses this button, the save button must be executed and the active

container must be closed. I've tried everything and now I'm lost.

Can anybody help me please?

Kind regards,

Yves

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 25-Feb-2003 05:17

Hi Yves,

The event that is published from the 'Save record' button on the

StandardToolbar is 'updateRecord'. Assuming that you have created a

custom super procedure for the viewer that will handle the 'choose'

event of the new dynamically created button, I would do a RUN

'updateRecord':U IN TARGET-PROCEDURE, which will basically start the

same process as the 'Save Record' button on the Standard Toolbar.

Another option would be to get the handle of the StandardToolbar by

means of the TableIOSource attribute (if you do this from a custom super

procedure use syntax) and then do a PUBLISH of updateRecord from

the returned handle.

Robbert