[icf-dev] Problem with move of SDO and logic procedure

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Mar-2003 14:43

I created and SDO and its associated logic procedure in the wrong area of

the system. When I attempted to move it and then re-save the SDO I got a

message that it could not find the logic procedure in the old location. I

changed the attribute of the SDO that seems to set the location of the logic

procedure, but that did not help. So I then delete the SDO and the logic

procedure from the repository and recreated them with the same name. It is

still looking for the logic procedure in the old location.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Mar-2003 14:44

Hi Freddy,

In the case of Static SDOs there is a preprocessor in the definitions

section of the SDO that defines which logic procedure to use. This

preprocessor includes the path. You'll need to change the preprocessor

path.

You'll also need to open the logic procedure and modify the include file

reference that points to the include file for the SDO in order for the

logic procedure to complete correctly.

The two preprocessors that you want to look for are:

&GLOB DATA-LOGIC-PROCEDURE all/ordersdolog.p

and

&GLOB DATA-FIELD-DEFS "all/orderfullo.i"

Boisseau, Freddy wrote:

>I created and SDO and its associated logic procedure in the wrong area of

>the system. When I attempted to move it and then re-save the SDO I got a

>message that it could not find the logic procedure in the old location. I

>changed the attribute of the SDO that seems to set the location of the logic

>procedure, but that did not help. So I then delete the SDO and the logic

>procedure from the repository and recreated them with the same name. It is

>still looking for the logic procedure in the old location.

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Mar-2003 14:52

I am dealing with dynamic SDOs.

Boisseau, Freddy wrote:

I created and SDO and its associated logic procedure in the

wrong area of

the system. When I attempted to move it and then re-save

the SDO I got a

message that it could not find the logic procedure in the

old location. I

changed the attribute of the SDO that seems to set the

location of the logic

procedure, but that did not help. So I then delete the SDO

and the logic

procedure from the repository and recreated them with the

same name. It is

still looking for the logic procedure in the old location.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 12-Mar-2003 16:01

Hi Freddy,

Someone may need to correct me on this but... If an attempt is made by

the object generator to create a new logic procedure with the same name

as a preexisting one, the object generator will NOT create a new one.

This is to preserve any existing logic that may have already been written.

In order to change the path to the logic procedure you'll have to open

the ROM tool and find your logic procedure. Once you find it, you'll

need to change its product module and its relative path. Once you have

changed that you can then edit the dynamic SDO to reselect the same

logic procedure making sure that it gets the correct path from the

repository.

You are probably going to run into some caching problems so here are the

steps I followed. I'm going to assume you already have a product module

setup with the new relative path.

1. Move all the physical files for the logic procedure (client and full

version) along with the include file for the SDO to their new home.

2. Edit the logic procedure to change the reference to the include file

for the SDO.

2. Use the ROM tool to edit the information for the logic procedure in

order to change its product module and relative path information.

3. Use the ROM tool to change the product/product module and the

relative path information for the dynamic SDO.

3. Exit the appbuilder (maybe optional). This is because the

information for the logic procedure and the SDO is probably cached at

this point. It depends on whether you have openeed the SDO or logic

procedure yet.

4. Open the dynamic SDO in the appbuilder and and change its logic

procedure using the property sheet to the correct the logic procedure.

Save the SDO.

mattB