[icf-dev] V1.1 to V2.0 Migration

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Mar-2003 15:42

Hi,

After going through a repository update from V1.1 to V2.0 I

got all my dynamic viewers transferred to a new object type

named DynView_SITE_#. Documentation states that this happens

if the standard object type was altered in V1.1. Even if

this was not my intention, somehow in a single V1.1 DynView

instance a TAB-STOP attribute was included by accident.

Looking in the V2.0 Object Type Maintenance Window, the only

attribute that forms part of the DynView_SITE_# is TAB-STOP.

Could anyone point me out if this accidentally added

TAB-STOP attribute in that V1.1 DynView instance has caused

the creation of the new DynView_SITE_# object type, and the

transfer of all the dynamic viewers to this new object type?

Regards,

Ariel.-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Mar-2003 16:14

Ariel,

Could anyone point me out if this accidentally added

TAB-STOP attribute in that V1.1 DynView instance has caused

the creation of the new DynView_SITE_# object type, and the

transfer of all the dynamic viewers to this new object type?

Yup. That's exactly what caused it.

You should be able to go to the Object Type Maintenance utility to fix this

as follows:

WARNING: DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE USING ROUNDTABLE!!!

2nd WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THIS!! It cannot be

undone.

1) From the Dynamics Development Menu, choose Objects-Object Type Control.

2) From the Object Type Control's menu, choose Class Options-Object Type

Change Utility.

IF this menu option is not there (and I seem to remember that we only added

it to the menu in SP1), you can get at this utility by going to the Dynamic

Launcher and entering this object name: "rycsochgtypw".

If you find that that is not available, you can load the ADOs for this

container. There are two that you need:

Icf/ry/uib/rycsochgtypw.ado

Icf/ry/obj/rycsochgtypv.ado

Once you have loaded the ADOs you can run this from the Dynamic Launcher.

3) You can now select the Object Type Code that was created for you

(DynView_SITE_#) and then choose the Refresh button.

4) In the To Object Code prompt type DynView.

5) Make sure the following settings are correct:

Change Object Type - Checked

Remove Attributes That Match Object type Defaults - Checked

Remove Attributes That Are Not Part Of The Class - Checked

Radio set set to Process All Objects In Browser.

6) Choose the Process key.

7) Test your application very thoroughly to make sure that these viewers

work.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Bruce

Bruce S Gruenbaum, Principal Software Engineer

the Progress Company

http://www.progress.com

bgruenba@progress.com

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Mar-2003 16:26

Thanks Bruce, I'll try this right away.

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Mar-2003 17:26

Ariel Sorbello wrote:

>Hi,

>After going through a repository update from V1.1 to V2.0 I

>got all my dynamic viewers transferred to a new object type

>named DynView_SITE_#. Documentation states that this happens

>if the standard object type was altered in V1.1. Even if

>this was not my intention, somehow in a single V1.1 DynView

>instance a TAB-STOP attribute was included by accident.

>Looking in the V2.0 Object Type Maintenance Window, the only

>attribute that forms part of the DynView_SITE_# is TAB-STOP.

>Could anyone point me out if this accidentally added

>TAB-STOP attribute in that V1.1 DynView instance has caused

>the creation of the new DynView_SITE_# object type, and the

>transfer of all the dynamic viewers to this new object type?

>Regards,

>Ariel.-

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Hola Ariel.

Hernan me paso un mail para levantar un requerimiento por este problema,

manana (Jueves) te voy a pegar una llamada.

Marcelo.