[icf-dev] USING OS-DIRECTORY IN APPSERVER CALL

Posted by LegacyUser on 25-Mar-2003 11:58

When running a procedure on an Appserver, is it possible to do something

like this:

DEFINE STREAM ostream.

OUTPUT STREAM ostream VALUE("
PCID10\FILES\AB0123.DAT).

PUT STREAM ostream "TEST" SKIP.

OUTPUT STREAM ostream CLOSE.

I've tried this, but I always get a message "** Unable to open file:

PCID10\FILES\AB0123.DAT. Errno=13. (98)

Is there a workaround for this function?

Regards,

Yves

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 25-Mar-2003 12:04

Hi Yves,

by default the progress appserver runs under the nt/win2000/winxp

localsystem account. this account has no network privilegues at all, so

thats why accessing the network share might fail.

You can start you appserver under a different account by changing the

ownerinformation in progress explorer tools.

The chosen account needs specific rights. Look at progress kbase 19244 "How

to start a broker using Domain/Account".

Regards,

Mike

When running a procedure on an Appserver, is it possible to do something

like this:

DEFINE STREAM ostream.

OUTPUT STREAM ostream VALUE("
PCID10\FILES\AB0123.DAT).

PUT STREAM ostream "TEST" SKIP.

OUTPUT STREAM ostream CLOSE.

I've tried this, but I always get a message "** Unable to open file:

PCID10\FILES\AB0123.DAT. Errno=13. (98)

Is there a workaround for this function?

Regards,

Yves

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 26-Mar-2003 02:09

If doing that is a problem (policy?) you can also disable user

authentication for certain shares (I think they are called NULL Shares

then You have to set a parameter in the registry of the machine

where the share is located.

Look at the Microsoft support website for the right keys...

Ciao!

Frank