[icf-dev] FW: One Lookup dependent on the value from another

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-May-2003 01:31

I am trying to take the value from one lookup (the key field value) as a

parent field on a second lookup.

I have read through the SmartdataField maintenance Functional specification

dated 10-01-2002 but I have had no success. Dynamics V2 SP01.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Many thanks

Robert Pooley

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-May-2003 02:14

Hi Robert,

You need to use the name of the underlying field of the parent lookup and

not it's handle name.

Mark Davies

Project Leader

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-1836 (Direct)

Tel: +27 (0)11 575-1800 (Switchboard)

Fax: +27 (0)11 576-2601

Cell: +27 (0)73 287 1254

MIP

2nd Floor, Zone 2

Wrigley Field, The Campus

Sloane Avenue, Bryanston

I am trying to take the value from one lookup (the key field value) as a

parent field on a second lookup.

I have read through the SmartdataField maintenance Functional specification

dated 10-01-2002 but I have had no success. Dynamics V2 SP01.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Many thanks

Robert Pooley

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.