[icf-dev] Refreshing a lookup

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-May-2003 10:28

Hello everyone,

I have a dynamic viewer with a database field and I want to use the screen

value of that field to determine the datavalue of a dynamic lookup on the

same viewer. The database screen-value isn't set until DisplayFields by

which time the lookup has already been displayed. Is there a 'RefreshLookup'

type of function that I can use or any other way of achieving this?

Thanks,

TonyT.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-May-2003 11:37

Tony,

Would Parent Field/Filter options on the 'Other' tab of the Dynamic Lookup

not work for you? This changes the query to the Dyanmic Lookup based on

data displayed in other fields on your viewer.

Regards Margaret

Margaret Hodgins Phone: +44-(0)161-491-7200

Consultant Fax: +44-(0)161-491-1717

Progress Software (UK) Mobile: 07831-323524

http:
www.progress.com email: Margaret.Hodgins@progress.com

This e-mail is from Progress Software. Our web site is at

http://www.progress.com Our principal place of business in the UK is

at 210 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, UK. Our central

telephone number is +44 (0)1753 216300.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the

recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged

information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any

other person. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the

sender and delete the e-mail from your system.

I have a dynamic viewer with a database field and I want to use the screen

value of that field to determine the datavalue of a dynamic lookup on the

same viewer. The database screen-value isn't set until DisplayFields by

which time the lookup has already been displayed. Is there a 'RefreshLookup'

type of function that I can use or any other way of achieving this?

Thanks,

TonyT.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-May-2003 11:41

Thanks Margaret, I've found a solution now