[icf-dev] Folder Window To Launch

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-May-2003 14:06

I am looking for instructions on how this works. I have a browse on a

temp-table which when a row is selected, I want to open a window that shows

the detail of the main database table that the temp-table references.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-May-2003 14:16

Hi Freddy,

John Sadd's developer guide has samples on how this works. Basically

the idea is that when you dbl-click on a browse the property of the

browse 'folderwindowtolaunch' is used to determine which window to

launch is selected. When the window is launched, the datasource for the

browse is used as a datasource for the window that gets opened.

You can optionally use the 'primarysdo' link that is available for

dynamic containers to define which SDO in the parent container to use as

the datasource for the child window.

To use either, simply add a datalink for the child window from the

"this-object' to the SDO in the child window. If the child window does

not have a datasource, then you can use data, update, and navigation

links between 'this-object' and the viewers and toolbars on the child

window. The ADM will connect the links from the browse's datasource (or

source for the primarySDO link) to the window as pass-through links.

Hope this isn't too confusing,

mattB

Boisseau, Freddy wrote:

>I am looking for instructions on how this works. I have a browse on a

>temp-table which when a row is selected, I want to open a window that shows

>the detail of the main database table that the temp-table references.

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 22-May-2003 02:15

Freddy,

This is how most of the standard Dynamics maintenance suites work. Have a

look at gsmcrfullb on gsmcrobjcw, which launches gsmcrfoldw. This is the

currency maintenance suite.

Neil