Is there anybody out there? Please reply, I'm feeling v

Posted by Admin on 10-Feb-2004 17:38

Is anyone actually listening to the new forum? The change to the new forum appears to be a complete disaster!

Rod

All Replies

Posted by johnagoodland on 11-Feb-2004 10:36

Hi Rod,

It looks like just you and me....

John.

Posted by Admin on 12-Feb-2004 03:30

Hi Rod,

I don't know if it's reassuring to anyone, but I'm out here (and I feel as lonely as you!).

I certainly agree that the move from mailing list to forum has been a disaster. I used the feedback option on the posse site a couple of days ago to complain about the move and to ask if I'm even looking in the right place for the alternative to the icf-dev list. (The e-mail is shown below.) I've received no reply as yet.

As you say, there doesn't appear to be anyone contributing to these forums, which essentially means that the icf-dev mailing list (which I always found to be very valuable) has been lost. Either that or I'm looking in the wrong place. Of course, it's hard to tell either way due to the way in which the icf-dev list was wound up (or more accurately, due to the way it wasn't wound up).

Anyway, I'm considering my e-mail to possefeedback to be the start of a campaign to have the icf-dev list re-instated. Join me!

Cheers,

Brendan.

-Original Message-

Sent: 10 February 2004 10:30

To: 'possefeedback@progress.com'

Subject: icf-dev mailing list MIA

Hello,

I've been subscribed to the icf-dev mailing list for some months now and I've found it to be an extremely useful source of information, and one which I've contributed to myself on a number of occasions.

My last e-mail from icf-dev arrived on 23rd January, after which the list was surprisingly quiet. I attempted to submit a query to the mailing list on 4th February but my e-mail was returned to me by my system administrator with an "e-mail address could not be found" error.

Having hunted around (for some time) on the posse website I reached the conclusion that the icf-dev mailing list has been replaced with "discussion forums". Exactly which discussion forum it has been replaced with I'm not sure. The contenders are - "ICF" (belonging to the PEG category) and "POSSE Dynamics" (belonging to the POSSE category).

Since adding "watches" to these two forums 6 days ago I have received approximately no e-mails from either list. Sadly, this is not a technical problem. Rather, it appears that no-one is using these forums. Essentially this means that my "extremely useful source of information" has dropped off the face of the earth.

So - I have the following questions -

1) am I looking in the wrong place for the icf-dev replacement?

2) why was the icf-dev mailing list deleted without any form of communication from the list administrators?

3) can we have it back please?

Regards,

Brendan Flood.

Posted by Damir on 13-Feb-2004 07:56

Hi Rod, John and Brendan!

It seems that we are four. Full support from my side.

Damir

Posted by Admin on 15-Feb-2004 17:15

I'm with you Rod. (Beside you actually.)

Graham Robertson

graham.robertson@fujitsu.com.au

Posted by Admin on 17-Feb-2004 05:42

It looks to me that since progress has stopped the icf-dev or dynamics-dev lists the icf@peg.com and posse@peg.com became a replacement. Much more activity since a while.

Posted by Admin on 27-Feb-2004 04:26

I'm here. But also quite disapointed from the change.

Regards Mike

This thread is closed