Dynamics and AppServer

Posted by Johan Beumer on 25-Feb-2004 07:31

Hi there,

Progress 91D patch 7

Posse Baseline 3.1

I have setup a appserver connection for Dynamics. When I start a client session to connect to that AppServer, I get the error :

Find first/last failed for table ttComboData (565)

The log-file of the appserver says the follwing :

0 AS -- -- TRACE: Non-PERSISTENT Procedure 'af/app/afsesstyperetr.p' START. (5498)

0 AS -- Procedure af/app/afsesstyperetr.p has no entry point for startProcedure. (6456)

0 AS -- ** 4GL Debug-Alert Stack Trace **

0 AS -- --> af/app/afsesstyperetr.p (D:\Dynamics\BL31\tty\dynamics\af\app\afsesstyperetr.r) at line 699

0 AS -- -- TRACE: Non-PERSISTENT Procedure END SUCCESS. (8397)

0 AS -- -- TRACE: Non-PERSISTENT Procedure 'af/app/cachelogin.p' START. (5498)

0 AS -- Could not evaluate procedure handle expression while trying to execute getLoginUserInfo. (2125)

To start the AppServer, I added a session type to the template session-type DynAppServer.

To start the client to connect the AppServer, I added a session type to the template session-type DynASClient.

Anyone any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

TIA,

Johan Beumer

Caesar Vitalogic B.V.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-Feb-2004 04:31

Did you succeed in starting an appserver for one of the default appserver session types already defined in the icfdb?

For testing purposes you should take the icfconfig.xml that came with the baseline and start the appserver also with a -db parameter for the icfdb. This overrides the db connection parameters from the icfconfig.xml file.

Mike

Posted by Johan Beumer on 05-Mar-2004 06:02

Hi Mike,

Yes, I succeeded in starting an appserver for one of the default session types (ASICFDev) from icfconfig.xml. However, connecting to that appserver with session ICFDevAS gives me the error. Am I confusing sessions?

Proost,

Johan B.

This thread is closed