Multiple Tab folders enabling and disabling

Posted by Admin on 15-Mar-2004 03:05

Hi,

Suppose you have the following window:

Tab 1: Customer, Customer Browser

Tab 2: Orders, Orders Browse (shows orders of the select customer).

Tab 3: Order Lines, Order Lines Browse (shows the Orders Lines of the selected Order).

What I am trying to achieve is that when the user Adds a record or performs changes on an Order Record, the first tab and third get disabled (either the tab or the fields itself).

Currently you can select the second tab, start editing, select the first tab start editing, etc.

I know that programaticly it is possible, just wondering if there is any way for Dynamics to handle this without adding source code (maybe using some link, states, or whatever on the container builder) ?.

I have tried a couple of things, like every tab having its own toolbar (FolderPageTop), or one Toolbar (FolderTop) for all tabs (like the Dataset Maintenance), however I cant get to the result I want.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Ildefonzo

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 16-Mar-2004 17:23

I know of no way to do this in the Dynamics Framework without your own code.

What we have done is subscribe the Container to UpdateState from the various updatable viewers/browsers on the container, and enable/ disable the non-current folders and other objects from the container super procedure depending on the value of pcState passed in UpdateState.

HTH,

Graham Robertson

Posted by palo on 19-Mar-2004 04:08

I agree with this opinion. You have to disable them programatically...

Palo

This thread is closed