Using 9.0B ADM2 with newer versions (9.1D and OE10)

Posted by Admin on 21-Sep-2005 11:33

We have customized alot of the 9.0B ADM2 super procedures, etc. We are now moving forward to 9.1D and OE10. Is there any way we can use the 9.0B version of the ADM2 (with our customizations) in place of the ADM2 for the newer versions? It's going to take some time to redo the customizations in the newer ADM's, so I'm looking for a shortcut. I tried just putting the old ADM2 code down into the src and gui folders, but that didn't work: it gave me an error about a missing data function (columnColumnLabel). Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by dlauzon on 04-Oct-2005 15:45

AppBuilder make calls to new procedures/functions/functionalities to deal with Smart Objects instances at design time and if these are not there beacause you use the 9.0B ADM2, then you're doomed (unless you never modify or compile your programs in AppBuilder, but even there, maybe other Progress tools make use of the new functionalities).

We have the same problem each time we pass to a new patch/release even though we use the standard Progress adm2 customization methodology.

I'm happy to see that we are not the only ones customizing the ADM2, we felt quite alone each time we logged an Adm2 customization problem with TechSupport when they seemed to never have heard of even simple issues.

This thread is closed