[adm2-dev] How do I do get the handle of the SDO to be used

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Jul-2002 10:16

I am writing a program that has a button in the viewer that I would like to

get the next record in the SDO when pressed. How do I get the handle of the

SDO so that I can request the next record from the SDO when the button is

pressed?

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@adm2.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Jul-2002 18:40

Freddy,

Assuming all of your objects are Smart Object

hDataSource = .

--

Robert Langer

Consultant, Progress Software Sydney

This message represents my opinion, not that of Progress Software

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@adm2.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Jul-2002 19:48

At 11:16 7/23/2002 -0400, Boisseau, Freddy wrote:

>I am writing a program that has a button in the viewer that I would like to

>get the next record in the SDO when pressed. How do I get the handle of the

>SDO so that I can request the next record from the SDO when the button is

>pressed?

Freddy,

You actually don't need to get the handle specifically. Just put the

following code

in the CHOOSE trigger for your button:

RUN fetchNext in DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('getDataSource').

The getDataSource function will "feed" the SDO's handle into the RUN statement.

John

>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@adm2.possenet.org

J. D. Johnson & Associates, L.L.C.

Training, Consulting, and Project Management

5730 Buffridge Trail Phone: (972) 733-1422

Dallas, TX 75252 USA Fax: (972) 733-1580

Email: jdj@jdjohnson.com Web: http://www.jdjohnson.com

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@adm2.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Jul-2002 22:21

Hi Freddy ,

If you want ot get the handle of the DataSource connected to a viewer, you

can use

hHandle = DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('linkHandles':U, INPUT "Data-Source").

This will give you the handle to the SDO and then use

IF VALID-HANDLE(hHandle) THEN

RUN fetchNext in hHandle.

If you want to get a Next record of then use ...

IF VALID-HANDLE(DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('getDataSource')) THEN

RUN fetchNext in DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('getDataSource').

Best Regards,

W. H. Samantha Soysa

Kingslake Engineering Systems (Pvt.) Ltd.,

Level 5, Millennium House,

Navam Mawatha,

Colombo 02,

Sri Lanka.