[icf-dev] set openOnInit does not work from SDO's logic

Posted by LegacyUser on 30-May-2003 04:42

Hi,

I have an SDO with a logic procedure and I wish to modify the SDO's query

(based on some user input) before it is sent to the server. In

initializeObject of the logic procedure, I set the openOnInit property to

false to achieve this (as documented), but the query is still opened

automatically. This is the syntax I've used is:

.

RUN SUPER.

This should be pretty straight forward, am I missing something or is this a

bug (possibly the a problem with the TARGET-PROCEDURE referencing). I

couldn't find any logged issues on possenet. (I'm on V2.0a service pack 1).

Brandon.

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 30-May-2003 06:43

IIRC, the SDO query is opened before the

initializeObject procedure is run. I know that sounds

weird, but I think I proved it to myself by putting a

message in the openQuery. The only way I could solve

it is to either set the property on the instance

properties of the SDO instance or to set the property

in the postCreateObjects (non-documented) hook.

Brandon Greyvenstein wrote:

Hi,

I have an SDO with a logic procedure and I wish to

modify the SDO's query

(based on some user input) before it is sent to the

server. In

initializeObject of the logic procedure, I set the

openOnInit property to

false to achieve this (as documented), but the query

is still opened

automatically. This is the syntax I've used is:

.

RUN SUPER.

This should be pretty straight forward, am I missing

something or is this a

bug (possibly the a problem with the

TARGET-PROCEDURE referencing). I

couldn't find any logged issues on possenet. (I'm on

V2.0a service pack 1).

Brandon.

=====

Rick Terrell

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@dynamics.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 30-May-2003 07:28

Hi Rick,

In this particular case, setting the property on the instance properties of

the SDO instance will work for me. What I did previously was to override

initializeObject in the SDO itself, but this obviously defeats the purpose

of using logic procedures.

thanks 4 your input!

Brandon (",)

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 30-May-2003 09:14

The Data Logc Procedure is started in initializeObject. This is no longer

the case in Service Pack 2.

HÃ¥vard

I have an SDO with a logic procedure and I wish to modify the SDO's query

(based on some user input) before it is sent to the server. In

initializeObject of the logic procedure, I set the openOnInit property to

false to achieve this (as documented), but the query is still opened

automatically. This is the syntax I've used is:

.

RUN SUPER.

This should be pretty straight forward, am I missing something or is this

a bug (possibly the a problem with the TARGET-PROCEDURE referencing). I

couldn't find any logged issues on possenet. (I'm on V2.0a service pack 1).

Brandon.

This thread is closed