[icf-dev] DynLookup Maintenance Object w/ AppServer

Posted by LegacyUser on 03-Mar-2003 05:25

Win2K, Progress 9.1D05, Posse_30:

I am experiencing problems launching the maintenance object of a dynamic lookup with AppServer. It looks like the server part of the DL-Procedure of the DynSDO is started in the API startDataObject of the repository manager. The server part of the DL-Procedure cannot be started of course, because the database it is compiled against is not connected. All this works fine with Client/Server. I can't figure out why the repository manager starts the server side of the DynSDO, does anybody have any idea ?

Richard.

att1.html

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 03-Mar-2003 06:51

Hi Richard,

AFAIK there is no client or server-side code separation for dynamic SDOs.

Regards,

Peter

-Original Message-

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 1:56 PM

To: dev@icf.possenet.org

Subject: AW: DynLookup Maintenance Object w/ AppServer

Hello Peter,

thanks for the quick response. I identified the modified code in the Repository Manager, but I found out that it only works with static SDOs. In the case of a dynamic SDO there is still the server-side part of the SDO started. I will log an issue for it.

-Richard.

Posted by LegacyUser on 04-Mar-2003 22:56

MessageHi Peter,

What is AFAIK? I actually do not understand what you mean by no code separation for Dynamic SDO? I thought SDOs are meant for division between client and server. Are Dynamic SDOs purely client centric?

Regards,

Anand.

- Original Message -

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 6:21 PM

Subject: RE: DynLookup Maintenance Object w/ AppServer

Hi Richard,

AFAIK there is no client or server-side code separation for dynamic SDOs.

Regards,

Peter

-Original Message-

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 1:56 PM

Subject: AW: DynLookup Maintenance Object w/ AppServer

Hello Peter,

thanks for the quick response. I identified the modified code in the Repository Manager, but I found out that it only works with static SDOs. In the case of a dynamic SDO there is still the server-side part of the SDO started. I will log an issue for it.

-Richard.

Posted by LegacyUser on 05-Mar-2003 03:16

Hi Anand,

AFAIK = as far as I know

The reason for there being _CL files is that the Db-aware code used for validation can only run on the server (or where there is a DB connected). For dynamic SDOs this code resides in the logic procedure - and this logic procedure has a _CL client proxy.

The dynamic SDO handles the separation between client and server itself (without the need for a client proxy for the dynamic SDO) and will also know whether it is running in 'client' mode or 'server' mode. It will decide whether to launch the client or server version of the logic procedure, but the same code is run for the dynamic SDO regardless of whether it is being run client or server-side.

HTH,

Peter

-Original Message-

Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 5:57 AM

Subject: Re: DynLookup Maintenance Object w/ AppServer

Hi Peter,

What is AFAIK? I actually do not understand what you mean by no code separation for Dynamic SDO? I thought SDOs are meant for division between client and server. Are Dynamic SDOs purely client centric?

Regards,

Anand.

This thread is closed