[icf-dev] Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:02

Hello all,

I've just successfully built a static SDO against a Temp-Table and a dynamic browser against that SDO and it all works fine. But when I try to build a dynamic viewer against that SDO, I experience the following problem: I always get an error claiming that the data fields cannot be built since there is no entity! Before I invest more time, are dynamic viewers against temp-table SDO supported or do I have to go for a static viewer ?

Any help is appreciated,

Richard Lausecker

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:20

Hi Richard,

I would suggest that you log an issue about this in IssueZilla - you should be able use TT SDOs for creating visual objects in exactly the same way that you use DB-based SDOs.

You could do something like the following, although it would mean that you'd have to edit the dyn viewer in the ROM tool. All of the below stuff should be done in the ROM tool.

- Create a DataField master object and call in something like 'tt datafield'. This is a Master DataField.

- Create a DynView object in the ROM tool.

- Add the 'tt datafield' as an instance of the dyn viewer. You will need to change or addd the following attributes: Name (this should be the name of the field in the SDO); Row, Column, Height-chars, Width-chars for positioning.

You can add the same Master DataField as many times as you like to one viewer - the NAME attribute separates them 'internally'.

You should now be able to add this viewer to a window using the container builder now and all should work as planned. This is pretty much untested, and I may have forgotten an attribute or 2 but the principle is there.

As I said earlier, you probably need to log an issue about this.

HTH,

Peter