[icf-dev] Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:02

Hello all,

I've just successfully built a static SDO against a Temp-Table and a dynamic browser against that SDO and it all works fine. But when I try to build a dynamic viewer against that SDO, I experience the following problem: I always get an error claiming that the data fields cannot be built since there is no entity! Before I invest more time, are dynamic viewers against temp-table SDO supported or do I have to go for a static viewer ?

Any help is appreciated,

Richard Lausecker

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Jan-2003 05:20

Hi Richard,

I would suggest that you log an issue about this in IssueZilla - you should be able use TT SDOs for creating visual objects in exactly the same way that you use DB-based SDOs.

You could do something like the following, although it would mean that you'd have to edit the dyn viewer in the ROM tool. All of the below stuff should be done in the ROM tool.

- Create a DataField master object and call in something like 'tt datafield'. This is a Master DataField.

- Create a DynView object in the ROM tool.

- Add the 'tt datafield' as an instance of the dyn viewer. You will need to change or addd the following attributes: Name (this should be the name of the field in the SDO); Row, Column, Height-chars, Width-chars for positioning.

You can add the same Master DataField as many times as you like to one viewer - the NAME attribute separates them 'internally'.

You should now be able to add this viewer to a window using the container builder now and all should work as planned. This is pretty much untested, and I may have forgotten an attribute or 2 but the principle is there.

As I said earlier, you probably need to log an issue about this.

HTH,

Peter

-Original Message-

Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 12:16 PM

To: dev@icf.possenet.org

Subject: AW: Building a dynamic view against a temp-table sdo

Thanks for the response Peter, but that was exactly what I tried, building a dynamic viewer against the TT SDO in the AppBuilder. When I tried to save the viewer the AppBuilder was complaining that it couldn't build the data fields. In the meantime I gave it another try and succeeded in doing the following:

First, I imported the db-table which I use for the temp-table definition as an entity, and second (very important) I didn't change the name of the temp-table like I used to do. So the temp-table has the same name as the db-table that exists as an entity in my repository.

Thanks again and maybe this information is useful for somebody,

Richard.

This thread is closed