[icf-dev] Combo box as SDO filter.

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Jan-2003 10:10

I want to create a combo box that I can use as a filter/data source for an

SDO. What I have is a parent table that controls what records are current

available to the user at that time. I want to create a dynamic combo box

that when the user selects a value all linked SDOs and other smart data

fields will use that current value in their queries. How would I go about

doing this?

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Jan-2003 11:02

The easiest way would be to create a user-defined link

from the CB (source) to the SDOs (target). Create a

trigger for the value-changed event on the CB that

will do an "assignQuerySelection" (you will probably

need to do a "removeQuerySelection" first though),

setting the appropriate fields to the CB's value in

each target SDO (use the linkHandles method to get the

handles to the targets). Then do an openQuery() on

each SDO. If the SDOs are data-linked with the

appropriate foreign fields, then you only need do this

on the parent and the children will follow.

Rick

"Boisseau, Freddy" wrote:

I want to create a combo box that I can use as a

filter/data source for an

SDO. What I have is a parent table that controls

what records are current

available to the user at that time. I want to

create a dynamic combo box

that when the user selects a value all linked SDOs

and other smart data

fields will use that current value in their queries.

How would I go about

doing this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail:

dev-help@icf.possenet.org

=====

Rick Terrell

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Jan-2003 13:26

Would it not be better to use a publish subscribe methodology to handle

this? Have the viewer with the combo box publish a NewValue and have the

SDO subscribe to that. If this is true, I can see how the SDO would be

modified using a super procedure, but how would I do this using a dynamic

viewer that holds the combo-box.

"Boisseau, Freddy" wrote:

I want to create a combo box that I can use as a

filter/data source for an

SDO. What I have is a parent table that controls

what records are current

available to the user at that time. I want to

create a dynamic combo box

that when the user selects a value all linked SDOs

and other smart data

fields will use that current value in their queries.

How would I go about

doing this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail:

dev-help@icf.possenet.org

=====

Rick Terrell

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Jan-2003 13:31

Hi Freddy,

To implement this in a dynamic viewer is very similar to a static

viewer. You'll need to define a super procedure for a dynamic viewer.

To do this:

1. create a structured procedure and make sure it is registered in the

repository.

2. Then open the property sheet for the dynamic viewer and select your

newly created super procedure.

3. Once you have associated the super procedure with the dynamic

viewer, you'll need to add a trigger to the field in the dynamic viewer.

To do this:

1. choose the field in your dynamic viewer,

2. select the dynamic properties sheet from the appbuilder.

3. Select the triggers tab, and then add the name of a procedure in the

appropriate trigger.

4. Now go back to your structured procedure, add the procedure to it

using the name that you specified in the trigger you just added.

The code should be very close to what you would add for a static procedure.

You can use publish-subscribe, but since you only have one target you

don't gain anything in using it. If you had multiple targets, then it

would be more useful. It actually doesn't make much difference. I'll

leave it up to others to discuss the merits of run vs. pubsub.

mattB

"Boisseau, Freddy" wrote:

I want to create a combo box that I can use as a

filter/data source for an

SDO. What I have is a parent table that controls

what records are current

available to the user at that time. I want to

create a dynamic combo box

that when the user selects a value all linked SDOs

and other smart data

fields will use that current value in their queries.

How would I go about

doing this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail:

dev-help@icf.possenet.org

=====

Rick Terrell

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-Jan-2003 13:55

I will be having multiple subscribing programs, including other combo boxes.

One last question how do I get the key values from the combo box.

"Boisseau, Freddy" wrote:

I want to create a combo box that I can

use as a

filter/data source for an

SDO. What I have is a parent table that

controls

what records are current

available to the user at that time. I

want to

create a dynamic combo box

that when the user selects a value all

linked SDOs

and other smart data

fields will use that current value in

their queries.

How would I go about

doing this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:

For additional commands, e-mail:

dev-help@icf.possenet.org

=====

Rick Terrell

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable.

Sign up now.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

To unsubscribe, e-mail: