[icf-dev] Error trying to open DynSDO

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 03:54

Hi

I'm using Dynamics V2. I did an Entity Import and generated a DynSDO

with no errors in the log file.

Now trying to open the DynSDO Object all I get is an error message

saying:

**"" was not found (293).

Stack trace says ry/prc/rydynsckrp.p at line 2785

Any help?

Thomas

Braun Consulting

Tel. +49 941/5839078

Fax +49 941/5839182

email thsteeb@braunconsulting.de

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 03:54

Hi Thomas,

Is the generated logic procedure in your propath?

Neil

I'm using Dynamics V2. I did an Entity Import and generated a DynSDO

with no errors in the log file.

Now trying to open the DynSDO Object all I get is an error message

saying:

**"" was not found (293).

Stack trace says ry/prc/rydynsckrp.p at line 2785

Any help?

Thomas

Braun Consulting

Tel. +49 941/5839078

Fax +49 941/5839182

email thsteeb@braunconsulting.de

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 05:11

Hi Neil,

The generated logic procedure can be found in the propath when it is

referred to with relative path (product module relative path).

But even when I add the directory where the logic Procedure is saved to

the propath the problem still exists.

*Is the generated logic procedure in your propath?

*

*Neil

*

*______________________________________

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 08:34

Hi Thomas,

The problem is that it is attempting to open the dynSDO design template

which is normally set to "ry/obj/rydynsdowizw.w", but in your case it

seems to be set to "". I find this interesting because just before we

attempt to open it, we do a SEARCH for it and give a message if we can't

find it. Perhaps (I'll have to check this out) SEARCH doesn't return ?

when searching for "". Are you using a customized template? Are you

using a custom subclass of an SDO?

Ross

Thomas Steeb wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 16:03

Hi Ross,

OK I have checked that. When I look in the ROM the class object name

of the SDO is empty. When I try to enter the filename

"ry/obj/rydynsdowizw.w"

you mentioned it doesn´t save it.

Is there a possibility to set this value right?

What would also be helpful is to know if there are ADO-Files

which have to be loaded after setting up the ICFDB.

best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Steeb wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 14-Nov-2002 18:21

Hi Thomas,

I don't know what to say, except that if you are just getting started,

there is probably something wrong with your setup.

However, when looking in the ROM for the generated objects you should

look under dynSDO and not SDO. You have hopefully generated dynamic SDOs.

I don't know what you mean by attempting to "Enter

ry/obj/rydynsdowizw.w". You aren't supposed to do that. When opening a

dynamic SDO, ry/prc/rydynsckrp.p reads the header line in the template

from which the object you are opening is based on to get some version

information. This should be totally automatic and behind the scenes,

but somehow this is not happening because the value of the variable is

blank when it should be the template name. As I said before, I'm

puzzled because just before this attempt to open that file, we did a

successful check to be sure we could find it.

Some times when you install from CVS, you are down loading files in the

middle of a developer upload. You might try refreshing your download

(check things out again) and rebuilding everything.

Ross