[icf-dev] foreign fields, primary-SDO, and multiple windows

Posted by LegacyUser on 28-Oct-2002 16:14

I am trying to create an interface where the Primary window launches a

secondary window, and the SDO of the secondary window is linked to the SDO

on the primary.

I've read everything I can find on it, and have things set up as follows:

Main Window:

Data link: TitleSDO (source) --> THIS-OBJECT (target)

Secondary Window:

Primary SDO link: THIS-OBJECT (source)--> TitleListSDO (target)

Foreign Fields: Title.TitleObj,TitleObj

The SDO on the secondary window is just behaving like it is completely

independant. It doesn't seem to pick up the links I want at all.

I know I must be missing something simple, but I can't figure it out for my

life!

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

att1.html

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 28-Oct-2002 17:35

Hi, James:

Assume you have made all other things correctly, I think what you need to do

is: instead of Primary SDO link: THIS-OBJECT (source)--> TitleListSDO (target),

use Data link: THIS-OBJECT (source)--> TitleListSDO (target).

The following is my working example.

Main window (Customer Window):

page0: afspfoldrw.w (SmartFolder)

page1: customerfullo (DynSdo), customerfullb (DynBrowse), standardtoolbar

links: Source Link Name Target

customerfullo Data customerfullb

StandardToolbar Navigation customerfullo

afspfoldrw.w Page THIS-OBJECT

customerfullo Data THIS-OBJECT (I find this link

is not necessarily to be defined, because even without defining it, my

application still works well. So I think, by default, the program knows how to

figure this out in this kind of case.)

In Dynamic Property Sheet of customerfullb, specify the attribute

"FolderWindowToLaunch" to be the name of the Secondary (maintenance) window:

orderwin.

Secondary (maintenance) window (orderwin):

page0:

Objects:

orderfullo (DynSDO), orderfullb (DynBrowse), orderviewv (DynViewv),

StandardToolbar

Links:

Source Link

Name Target

orderfullo

Data orderfullb

orderfullo

Data orderviewv

THIS-OBJECT Data

orderfullo

StandardToolbar Navigation

orderfullo

StandardToolbar TableIO

orderviewv

orderviewv

Update orderfullo

For orderfullo, specify the foreign key: Order.CustNum,CustNum

After CustWin is launched, double-click on a customer record in the browse to

select and launch the order maintenance window for this customer, all orders

displayed in the launched maintenance window is for this customer. Everything

works fine as expected, like read, update, create. And Navigating the CustWin

has good sync with orderwin because order records there get updated for the

selected customer.

Hope it helps.

Note: I use Progress 91D01 + Progress Dynamics 2.0A

Regards,

Yongjian

--

Yongjian Gu

email: ygu@progress.com

Tel: (781) 280-4694 (w)

Progress Software Corporation

14 Oak Park, Bedford, MA, USA 01730

www.progress.com

Posted by LegacyUser on 28-Oct-2002 17:52

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, when I tried it in my application, I get the error message:

"User-defined function 'getNewRow' invoked dynamically but could not be

found. (5639)."

I get this error any time I try to have a data link from THIS-OBJECT to my

SDO. It seems that the link isn't converted to a data link to the desired

SDO, so the dynamic-function call then runs against a procedure with no

such function as 'getNewRow'.

I am running 9.1D, Dynamics 1.1SP3.

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

--On Monday, October 28, 2002 6:35 PM -0500 Yongjian Gu

wrote:

[...]

orderfullo StandardToolbar Navigation

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 28-Oct-2002 18:33

Hi James,

How exactly do you launch from the Primary window? Browse? menu?

If you launch from a menu you need to identify which SDO that is to become

the pass-thru parent by a primarySDO link from THIS-PROCEDURE to the SDO.

As Youngjian points out there is no need to have a data link on the primary

window.

You could alternatively specify a Link for the specific action (in the

Toolbar & Menu designer. This would need to be a linkname that links the SDO

to the toolbar that has the action. A linkname is -target or

-source.

If you are launching from a browse by specifying FolderWindowToLaunch, the

browser's DataSource should become the pass-thru parent.

The secondary window need a primarySDO OR Data link from THIS-PROCEUDURE.

Havard

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 07:56

The parent window is launching the child window by calling LaunchContainer.

This is part of the trigger for choose of a button in a viewer.

RUN launchContainer IN gshSessionManager (

INPUT "BibHeadingSelectWin", /* pcObjectFileName */

INPUT "", /* pcPhysicalName */

INPUT "", /* pcLogicalName */

INPUT TRUE, /* plOnceOnly */

INPUT "", /* pcInstanceAttributes */

INPUT "", /* pcChildDataKey */

INPUT "", /* pcRunAttribute */

INPUT "", /* container mode */

INPUT hWindowHandle, /* phParentWindow */

INPUT hContainerSource, /* phParentProcedure */

INPUT ?, /* phObjectProcedure */

OUTPUT hHeadingWindow, /* phProcedureHandle */

OUTPUT cProcedureType /* pcProcedureType */

).

Thanks for the help!

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

--On Monday, October 28, 2002 7:33 PM -0500 Havard Danielsen

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 08:18

James,

Try to pass TARGET-PROCEDURE (or you can use THIS-PROCEDURE if you are in

the viewer) as the phObjectProcedure. Parameter number ... eh.... 3 from

bottom.

The session manager should then be able to figure out the datasouece of this

viewer and use that as the pass-thru parent.

You can also try to pass the datasource directly in that parameter.

Havard

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 08:23

James,

I was having a similar problem. I solved it by setting the last input parameter (phObjectProcedure) to the handle of the parent SDO.

Rick

-

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

--

Yongjian Gu

email: ygu@progress.com

Tel: (781) 280-4694 (w)

Progress Software Corporation

14 Oak Park, Bedford, MA, USA 01730

www.progress.com

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

--

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 09:12

What to add a link manualy between the Parent SDO and the new windows

like this:

RUN launchContainer IN gshSessionManager

INPUT "BibHeadingSelectWin", /* pcObjectFileName */

INPUT "", /* pcPhysicalName */

INPUT "", /* pcLogicalName */

INPUT TRUE, /* plOnceOnly */

INPUT "", /* pcInstanceAttributes */

INPUT "", /* pcChildDataKey */

INPUT "", /* pcRunAttribute */

INPUT "", /* container mode */

INPUT hWindowHandle, /* phParentWindow */

INPUT hContainerSource, /* phParentProcedure */

INPUT ?, /* phObjectProcedure */

OUTPUT hHeadingWindow, /* phProcedureHandle */

OUTPUT cProcedureType /* pcProcedureType */

).

RUN addLink(, 'Data':U, hHeadingWindow).

Marcelo.

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Marcelo Ferrante

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Progress Software Corporation

Technical Support for Latin American

Phone : (781)280-2759

E-Mail: mferrant@progress.com

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.

It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion

is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,

is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein.

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 09:19

The adm pass-thru linking should theoretically kick in if you have a data

link from the secondary window to an SDO, but why not just pass the SDO or

visual target as the phObjectProcedure parameter?.

Havard

James Burts wrote:

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 10:39

I did the suggestion that Havard and Rick suggested (set the

phObjectProcedure to the handle of the SDO I wanted to se setup as the

parent).

When I put that handle in the call to LaunchContainer, it works great!

Thanks for the help on this!

James

James Burts james@klas.com

Keystone Systems, Inc. 919-782-1143

Manager of Software Development Raleigh, NC

--On Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:19 AM -0500 Havard Danielsen