[icf-dev] Container Super Procedure

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 09:04

Hi All,

I have a Dynmaic Container Object and want to start a Custom Super

Procedure for it.

I tried to enter the Super Procedures in the Containers Property Sheet

but the Super Procedure doesn't start.

What am i doing wrong

Regards

Thomas Steeb

Braun Consulting

Tel. +49 941/5839078

Fax +49 941/5839182

email thsteeb@braunconsulting.de

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

rterrell.vcf

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 09:13

Thomas,

What version of Progress Dynamics are you using (including Service Packs). This is always important information whenever asking a question or reporting an issue.

There were some bugs around this issue. One of which was that the super Procedure was not being properly registered against the container. Another was the the SP was not being started. These have been fixed in V2, but I don't know the state at any given level of V1.1.

rick

--

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 09:31

Hi Rick et al,

I myself have just recently noticed this same issue in 1.1A SP3.01. From

what I gather, the mechanism for firing super procedures for a container is

in launchContainer....

If however, a container is launched from the dynamic launcher or is the main

container that is launched at application startup, there is no code there to

launch the container's super procedure.

The code to do it is fairly simple and can be placed in an api and is

available in launchContainer(af/app/afsesmngrp.i). I have used this

directly or, if possible, just used launchContainer.

The code I use is as follows(this is a direct rip-off from launchContainer):

DEFINE VARIABLE cContainerSuperProcedure AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

RUN getObjectSuperProcedure IN gshRepositoryManager

(INPUT (IF pcLogicalName <"":U THEN

pcLogicalName

ELSE pcPhysicalName),

OUTPUT cContainerSuperProcedure).

/* Make sure that the custom super procedure exists. */

IF SEARCH(cContainerSuperProcedure) <? OR

SEARCH(REPLACE(cContainerSuperProcedure, ".p":U, ".r":U)) <?

THEN DO:

{ af/sup2/aflaunch.i

&PLIP = cContainerSuperProcedure

&OnApp = 'NO'

&Iproc = '' }

IF VALID-HANDLE(hPlip) THEN

phProcedureHandle:ADD-SUPER-PROCEDURE(hPlip,

SEARCH-TARGET).

My $0.02

Ken

I have a Dynmaic Container Object and want to start a Custom Super

Procedure for it.

I tried to enter the Super Procedures in the Containers Property Sheet

but the Super Procedure doesn't start.

What am i doing wrong

Regards

Thomas Steeb

Braun Consulting

Tel. +49 941/5839078

Fax +49 941/5839182

email thsteeb@braunconsulting.de

--

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@icf.possenet.org

Posted by LegacyUser on 29-Oct-2002 10:31

I am using Posse 20 BL 4