[icf-dev] customization specs - where

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Oct-2002 04:09

Hi all.

I need to read more about customization isssues in Dynamics - I tried to find relevant docs on possenet, but search engines there seem to be a little dodgy (or too much sofisticated for an ordinary programmer to use) ;-(

Can anybody pass me a link to the IZ issue number where customization specs are attached? I have seen it on possenet one day, but now...

The reason I want to read it is because I wonder if Dynamics can handle customizations like different fields on a dynamic viewer for each user logged in, or at least for different login company. Is that possible? Some customers will use and want given field on a viewer, whereas some will not. This seems quite a frequent situation in deplyment, so any comments and / or links to relevant sites / docs will be warmly welcome.

Best regards,

Andrzej Olszewski

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 23-Oct-2002 15:33

Issue 4364 - but it is not very complete....

The customization does not currently support field level for now - at

least the tools don't. You could achieve similar results using the

security and hiding secured fields - not ideal but is an idea.

You can replace a whole viewer with another however - which would also

do what you want, just not perhaps as elegantly - or maybe more so as

you could relayout the viewer so it did not have a gaping hole for the

missing fields.

Anthony

Anthony D Swindells

Lead Architect, Progress Dynamics

[...]