[icf-dev] strange SDO error - partially fixed

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Oct-2002 10:32

Thanks to everyone who responded!

We added code to the db-create-trigger which initializes the

Fields of the unique index with ?, and now the error 132

Is gone and the record gets created. However,

There are some fields that do not get assigned to

The db, although they appear correctly in the rowObjUpd

Temptable during assignDBrow.

One field is simply passed in from the UI, the other

Is filled in an override of assignDBrow.

Any idea why this could fail ?

Regards

Mike

IT focus GmbH

Informationstechnik & Beratung

Schultheiss-Koehle-Str. 1

D-71636 Ludwigsburg

fon: +49 7141 4748 0

fax: +49 7141 4748 11

<mailto:mike.liewehr@itfocus.com> mailto:mike.liewehr@itfocus.com

<http://www.itfocus.com> http://www.itfocus.com

...we can do IT!

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 10-Oct-2002 11:39

Is there a particular reason you are assigning a field value so low in the chain of events? Traditionally assigning values programmatically would be done in one of the *TransValidate procedures of the SDO (or SDO data logic procedure).

I am not sure if this is the problem or not, but I would do the assignment higher up in the chain.

Rick

We added code to the db-create-trigger which initializes the

Fields of the unique index with ?, and now the error 132

Is gone and the record gets created. However,

There are some fields that do not get assigned to

The db, although they appear correctly in the rowObjUpd

Temptable during assignDBrow.

One field is simply passed in from the UI, the other

Is filled in an override of assignDBrow.

Any idea why this could fail ?

Regards

Mike

IT focus GmbH