[icf-dev] screen resolution - any rules to follow?

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Sep-2002 01:14

Hi all.

Lately I have upgraded my POSSE Dynamics from 1.1 to 2.0. I am still learning how to use it,

as I have observed very many changes, and the main problem I have now is related to screen

resolution and dynamic sizing of objects.

In expamle, before loading an object container into container builder, I get several tens of

messages on some objects not fitting the frame. Later on I get a container builder window,

which is totally scrambled. When I want to resize the window, I get the same set of several tens of

messages on bad positioning of many objects. The bigger is window, the less messages I get,

but still, even having 1280 x 1024 dpi, which is the best I can have on my screen, the window opens

with messages and does not show properly (there are scrollbars in upper and lower part of the window).

My question is - are there any rules to follow in order to get rid of this problem? Or is it a bug

to report and fix? I think working with those annoying messages is still possible, but they are

a big pain in my eyes.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA & best regards,

Andrzej Olszewski

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 19-Sep-2002 01:33

Hello Andrzej,

The only rule about resolution and Dynamics screens are that they should

fit in a resolution of 800x600... Did you use the DCU to upgrade your

database and if so - how long ago? The issues you are reporting, seems to be

data related, as the objects on the container builder, (like all other

Dynamics objects) have a range of properties stored against them. The ones

in particular I am referring to would be MinWidth and MinHeight - which are

required and used to determine the correct sizes at startup... If this is

the case, then loading the appropriate ADOs will do the trick.

Also, where are you launching the container builder from? The Build menu of

the AppBuilder or using templates from the AppBuilder (i.e. File -New -etc...) or Open Object? There are some known issues currently that we are

working on that we know of if you use Open Object or File -New etc....

Running it from the Build menu should be fine and not present you with

problems...

The ADO for the container builder is rycntpshtw.ado located in the ry/uib

directory...

Regards,

Chris

[...]

______________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally

privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,

distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also

notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When

addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the

sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject

to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or

client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for

any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the

accessing of any files attached to this e-mail.

This thread is closed