[icf-dev] upgrade Dyn 1.1 -> 2.0

Posted by LegacyUser on 20-Feb-2003 15:47

Hi,

I have problems after upgrading from Dyn 1.1 to 2.0sp1

I have a superprocedures which uses:

to access attributevalues of objects like lookup's by calling

RUN getObjectAttributes IN gshRepositoryManager ( INPUT cLookup,

OUTPUT TABLE tt_object_instance,

OUTPUT TABLE tt_page,

OUTPUT TABLE tt_page_instance,

OUTPUT TABLE tt_link,

OUTPUT TABLE ttAttributeValue,

OUTPUT TABLE ttUiEvent

) NO-ERROR.

After this call we call the contructobject to dynamically create lookups on viewers.

This include is not available anymore in Dyn2.

What is the equivalent in Dynamics 2.0?

Martin

att1.html

All Replies

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-Feb-2003 02:18

Hi Martin,

the whole repository retrieval api has changed (managers, api, temp-table,

logic, strategy...). look for an include ry/app/ryobjretri.i. That is the

equivalent for rycsofefch.i to see some of the changes. The api procedure

"caching" objects out of the repository is call ry/app/ryretrobjp.p.

A big change in attributes and values is that you now have a temp-table with

one filed per attribute of the class and all parent classes. The field is in

the corect datatype and represents the actual temp-table that hold smart

object attributes at runtime (the one defined in the ....prop.i files).

Look you any documentation on possenet about the new repository manager and

it's api.

Mike

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-Feb-2003 05:49

Hi Mike,

I have tried to find the doc. about the API of the repository but I only

found an old (2001) document

of John Sadd.

Is there new documentation repository API's ?

[...]

Posted by LegacyUser on 21-Feb-2003 06:06

You might have a look at the managers reference:

http://www.progress.com/v9/documentation/dynamics/dmr/dmr.pdf

)

NO-ERROR.

After this call we call the contructobject to dynamically create

lookups on viewers.

This include is not available anymore in Dyn2.

What is the equivalent in Dynamics 2.0?

Martin

This thread is closed