Introducing www.extreme-dynamics.org

Posted by Admin on 17-Oct-2006 19:47

Hi all,

I just want to make sure that I don't want to start another discussion whether Dynamics is still alive or about advantages and disadvantages over other existing frameworks. Given into account that Progress has a roadmap on adding functionality to Dynamics and supporting it there should be no doubt about the status of Dynamics.

PSDN has samples on how to implement latest language enhancements like auditing and for instance ProDataset support has just been added to the 10.1A release, support in OpenEdge Architect is also a brand new feature.

During the Progress users conferences in Las Vegas and Athens this year a group of Dynamics users got together and decided to join all the affords made individually in adding new functionality and enhancing (and fixing - no need to sugar coat it here) Progress Dynamics core functions. The project initially started by Tom Greenwood and Thomas Hansen was named "Extreme Dynamics".

While we are currently defining aspects of the collaboration in the group regarding aspects like packaging, versioning, licensing, ownership and features I'd like to take this opportunity and invite all interested Dynamics users to join these discussions on http://www.extreme-dynamics.org.

On the feature site we are talking about things like UI enhancements, browser enhancement, .NET, Office integration, web site integration or AJAX, SOA, ProDataset based tree views, enhancing the UI customization and so on...

The site has a wiki engine and we'd like to give editing privileges to qualified users. Also the site has a public and a private forum where we'd like to discuss with everybody about the future of this project.

We are not planning to take over the core Dynamics development from Progress - we are just planning to give added value to existing and new Dynamics users! We do not intend to re-launch POSSENET and do not expect to start an open-source project open for everybody.

Please take the forum as an opportunity and let us know how you'd like to get involved in this and what's your opinion about how Extreme Dynamics should move on! We are actually at the beginning of collaborating, so it's a good time to join.

Making the most complete framework available for Progress become even better!

Best regards,

Mike Fechner

All Replies

This thread is closed