Print multiple lines from smart data browser

Posted by Admin on 09-Dec-2008 05:45

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that there is quite a simple solution for what I need to do. What I am looking for, is to be able to select multiple records from a smart data browser, and then report on the selected lines by clicking on the print button. I have attached the code behind my print button and would really appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks

p-export.p

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Dec-2008 03:43

Hi, does anybody really reply to these threads anymore? It's just I could really do with a little help and wondered wether I may have posted the question in the wrong place, or worded it incorrectly!!!

Thanks

Posted by steven.post on 11-Dec-2008 05:14

I'm not sure about the right section, personally I would have put it in ABL or adm sections, but I'm fairly new as well.

According to the documentation for 10.1c a smartdatabrowser doesn't support selecting multiple records, unless you implement it yourself.

Multiple selection is not supported for SmartDataBrowsers. If you want to use this option, you

must add supporting code to communicate the multiple selection to other SmartObjects as

needed.

I'll need this feature as well, and will have a look at it next week, I'll let you know if I come up with anything useful.

At the moment, I think we need to get the handle of the browse and change the multiselect property, it's not visible anywhere in the design gui. As soon as I get that done, reading the selected records shouldn't pose a problem.

That's as I see it now.

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 11-Dec-2008 05:22

See attachment.

This thread is closed