set values for smartfilter fields

Posted by steven.post on 18-Dec-2008 02:32

Hi (again),

I have a smartwindow with 3 tabs, and a dyntoolbar on page0, browse on page1, dataviewer on 2 and filter on 3.

Now I would like to set some values to the filter fields from my program, how would I do that?

also, what's the different between the getAllFieldHandles and getDisplayedFields procedures for the filter? I'm kind of in tha dark with that atm, the 'getAllFieldHandles' shows 3 handles, yet the 'getDisplayedFields' returns 4 (correct) names. The getAllFieldNames show the 3 button names for applying, clearing and resetting the filter.

Best regards,

Steven

All Replies

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 20-Dec-2008 06:06

Now I would like to set some values to the filter

fields from my program, how would I do that?

There is no display method in the filter, but it should pick up the values assigned to the query with assignQuerySelection. You should thus be able to assign the values to the SDO before you start the filter and get the values displayed. This approach might require that the filter is cleared from the SDO on cancel. The SDO has a resetQueryString that should reset the query to the default. (There is also a removeQuerySelection for field by field removal)

The other alternative is to assign screen-values to the handles.

also, what's the different between the

getAllFieldHandles and getDisplayedFields procedures

for the filter? I'm kind of in tha dark with that

atm, the 'getAllFieldHandles' shows 3 handles, yet

the 'getDisplayedFields' returns 4 (correct) names.

The getAllFieldNames show the 3 button names for

applying, clearing and resetting the filter.

From your explanation it sounds as AllFieldHandles does not have any of the dynamic handles. (this is really a bug).

The DisplayFields corresponds to the FieldHandles . The filter also have a list if OperatorHandles, which I assume also is in synch with DisplayFields. If you use the range option with a FROM and TO field, the TO fleld's handle is in the OperatorHandles list.

This thread is closed