Use of the data logic procedure (10.2A01 adm2 - no dynamics)

Posted by agent_008_nl on 30-Sep-2009 04:49

When and how could/should I use the DLP? I cannot find documentation on it's use.

Regards,

Stefan.

All Replies

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 02-Oct-2009 09:59

agent_008_nl wrote:

When and how could/should I use the DLP? I cannot find documentation on it's use.

Regards,

Stefan.

I cannot really answer when you could/should use DLPs. I believe their primary purpose is to allow static business logic while using dynamic SDOs. The ability to share business logic with non-adm2 ABL applications has also been mentioned as an example of when they might be useful.

You can use them in standard adm2 (no dynamics) as well. You have the option to specify a new or existing DLP on the first page of the SDO Wizard and on the Object Property Sheet  in the AppBuilder.  The DLP has the same hooks as the SDO and does not really provide much that you cannot do with the SDO. The DLP allows you to use more natural buffer names than the SDO.

There is some basic documentation in the Progress Dynamics Basic Development documentation Building Basic Business Logic section. Most of which is valid for standard adm2 as well.

http://communities.progress.com/pcom/servlet/JiveServlet/download/16321-2-15454/dybas.pdf

This thread is closed