OEA support for HTML file editing?

Posted by Admin on 18-Dec-2006 19:02

Is there a way to make the OpenEdge Editor (aka OpenEdge 4GL Editor) within OEA treat html files the same way it treats w files when it comes to editing?

By this I mean I would like to see the same advanced features (syntax highlighting, hints, etc.) available while editing a w file also work when editing an html file.

I tried changing the file association for html files in Preferences to treat them the same as w files, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks.

P.S. I come from a WebSpeed Workshop background, but was hoping to migrate to OEA if it looks like it could be used for web application development. Maybe it is not so good for this purpose? Comments?

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 19-Dec-2006 12:06

I would bet there is an Eclipse plug-in for editing HTML.

Posted by Admin on 19-Dec-2006 12:09

For just HTML, probably.

But I'm interested in one that treats the embedded SpeedScript the same way that OE editor treats it in a w file.

Posted by Admin on 19-Dec-2006 17:44

I answered my own question, and I guess took a few more steps up the OEA learning curve.

What I wanted was to setup a file association to open html files with the OpenEdge Editor. Turns out the stock OEA is setup to open html files with a web browser, or you can right-click on the file in the Resources view and select from a couple others (e.g. text editor, etc.) None of these gave me what I needed.

I looked at Window>Preferences>OpenEdge>Editor>File Associations but nothing there helped.

What did work was to go to Window>Preferences>General>Editors>File Associations and change the file type .html to add the OpenEdge Editor as a possible editor choice. In my case I also made it the default.

This thread is closed