Column order in ProDataset Designer when saving to Component

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2007 16:58

Hi,

I am a bit confused. Looks like the OpenEdge Architect in 10.1A2 does not preserve the field and index order when saving the model to a component model database.

When I save a diagram to the appModel.t4bl file, exit OpenEdge Architect and revisit the diagram file all columns and indexes are in the right order. Usually keys are located at the bottom and the columns keep the order in which the initially have been dragged from the schema view.

Doing the same things in a diagram stored in the component model database does open the columns in a temp-table in a (random ???) order and keys somewhere placed between the tables.

Can anybody confirm this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

I had a look at the schema of the component model db and looks like the table ECR_REFERENCE (where from my understanding the field and index instances are stored in the table class) only has keys based on UUID values.

Is here a key missing based on CLASS_UUID (in this case the table UUID) and some order criteria? Or should the ProDataset designer use an order attribute for the columns that is missing?

Mike

Message was edited by:

Mike Fechner

All Replies

This thread is closed