Compilation of .W File (legacy code with upper case file nam

Posted by Admin on 06-Mar-2007 06:04

Did anybody run into this issue before? Looks like the OEA does not compile file names with and upper case .W as the extension. I tried to add those files to the extension list (Preferences, Editors, File Associations) but that dialog claims that *.W as a file-type is already included. Looks like that dialog does not care about the case of extensions and the compile option from the context menu does.

Any hints? I know that renaming the files would be an option, but as said before that legacy code and some of the file with upper case extensions are supposed to be executed on Unix.

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 06-Mar-2007 06:53

Perhaps I am being dense here, but surely when the code is compiled it generates the r-code with a small .r, regardless of the original case of the extension. So a RUN on the Unix box goes:

RUN XYZ.W and Progress picks up the XYZ.r? (Not got a *nix box here to test it).

Posted by kevin_saunders on 06-Mar-2007 06:57

What version are you using? I just tried this and it does compile, and generate the r-code with a small .r (10.1B)

Posted by jmls on 06-Mar-2007 07:18

Window->Preferences->Open Edge Architect->Editor->Build

add ,P and ,W to the "compilable extensions"

Posted by Admin on 06-Mar-2007 07:31

I'm running 10.1A02 with this project. This option is not listed here. But that sounds like the point.

I'll try to upgrade to 10.1B with this project.

Posted by Admin on 06-Mar-2007 07:50

In 10.1A02 it's in Preferences -> OpenEdge -> Editor -> File Associations

Source File Extensions: p,cls,P (no OO in legacy code)

Visual File Extensions: w,W

Include File Extensions: i,I

Thanks Julian. That pointed me to the right direction.

Mike

This thread is closed