OEA 10.1B Refactor --> Rename not working?

Posted by Steve Croff on 31-May-2007 15:28

I'm attempting to use the "Refactor --> Rename" function in OEA.

After selecting some text, I right-click and choose "Refactor", but the "Rename" menu item is insensitive.

Does anyone else have this problem or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 31-May-2007 15:50

From what I know and have observed, all the refactoring in OEA is still a twinkle in someone's eye. I think that it was something that came along with part of the code base, but there is nothing under it. Check out http://www.oehive.org/prorefactor for something real.

Posted by Steve Croff on 01-Jun-2007 09:48

Thanks for this tip, I am installing Prorefactor now.

I assume this is something that is supposed to work-- Progress has a section on refactoring in the "What's New in 10.1 OE Architect" eLearning course.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 01-Jun-2007 11:03

I ran into the same question quite some time back and got the answer that it wasn't there, but if there should be something there, I suppose someone from PSC will chip in. Not likely to be a real comparison to ProRefactor, even if there is something there. ProRefactor needs a lot more work to reach its full potential, but it is certainly a significant base.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 28-Oct-2015 09:50

Bumping up this ancient thread.

Are there after 8 years any changes or plans to support this in 11.6 or higher?

There was a more recent thread (community.progress.com/.../13470) which shows the first steps (find references) but actual refactoring possibilities (like rename variable or class) don't seem to be available yet...

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 28-Oct-2015 09:56

Another relevant thread, 5 years ago: community.progress.com/.../2648

Any news Progress?

This thread is closed