Trouble with OEA Diagrams

Posted by Steve Croff on 20-Jul-2007 10:15

Diagrams for business components seem to be somewhat finicky in OEA-- if you move a diagram from one folder/project to another, the diagram components are there, but all of the contents are blacked out.

Recently, tech support suggested that I rebuild my workspace from scratch and after doing so, every diagram I created is toast. Is there a way to re-build a diagram from the include files so I don't have to re-do every temp-table / dataset diagram?

Thanks for any help!

All Replies

Posted by Steve Croff on 20-Jul-2007 11:59

I decided to try switching to a component model database for storing the Business Logic Component definitions. This solves the problem of components vanishing if you move the .dgm file to a new location!

However, it introduces a new problem. After reproducing the diagram and saving, all of the field orders are re-arranged to a different order in the temp-table definition. In fact if I manually change the order a field and save, and then re-open the diagram, the fields are in yet another order. I can't figure out how to reliably specify the field order in the diagram.

I suppose the field order would not matter so much, but I am trying to reproduce diagrams for the includes that already exist.

In general, are people using diagrams in OEA? If so, do you store the defs as XMI or DB?

This thread is closed