Subclipse and OpenEdge Appbuilder perspective

Posted by dvanzo on 15-Aug-2007 16:50

Hello all...

I just configure subclipse in OE Architect (without problems) and now the .w files doesn´t open in de Appbuilder perspective anymore, only in the text editor... Any advice?

Regards,

Daniel Vanzo

All Replies

Posted by kevin_saunders on 16-Aug-2007 02:41

In Architect, check that the File Associations are correct: Window -> Preferences. Expand General, Editors and select File Associations. Select *.w and make sure 'OpenEdge .w Editor' is the default.

Posted by dvanzo on 16-Aug-2007 08:54

Checked the associations and they are ok...

I did another test... I created a new OpenEdge project with only 3 files (two .w and one .p) with no SVN association. The .w files opens in the OpenEdge Appbuilder perspective and the .p file opens in the OpenEdge Editor perspective as expected... In the same session, opening a .w file from the project under SVN control it's opened in the OpenEdge Editor perspective (wrong). Could be a bug?

Regards,

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2007 20:02

Hi Daniel,

I tried Subclipse 1.2 with Eclipse 3.3 and get the same problem but that was on an older project. I don't get any problems with CVS

So I changed some of the SVN preferences - changed to SVNKit (Pure Java connection) didn't do much to the old project.

I created a new OE project, set up a \src directory etc, changed to Appbuilder prespective and started AppBuilder, created a new smartwindow and saved it.

Tested opening the file in Appbuilder perspective it works fine. If you open .w in non-appbuilder perspective then it just opens in the OE text editor.

So I shared the project to SVN as a file system. Can't be bothered setting up the server again. If I goto Appbuilder Perspective the newly created .w opens fine.

I don't have time to do a heap more testing but it could have been the fact I created a new project, after Subclipse was linked/installed, could have been changing the connection type or just the creation of a new project.

But anyway it works fine now for me.

Regards

Paul

Posted by dvanzo on 17-Aug-2007 09:38

I disconnected the project, delete it and created it again and now its working... Really don't know the reason why didn't work before...

Thanks!!

This thread is closed