Move a project

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 13-May-2008 14:55

Outside of OEA I was doing some housecleaning and moved the directory which was the home directory of one of the projects in one of my OEA workspaces. Now, opening OEA on that workspaces gets me a sort of dummy entry for that project and, while I can get to the Properties screen for it, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the home directory information.

How do I get it back, hopefully without having to start from scratch?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 13-May-2008 16:43

Eclipse will create a dummy .project file if it cannot find one at the expected location. The "dummy" .project file won't have the correct natures and builder references.

You can delete the project from your workspace and re-import it using file->import->general->existing project. Or create a new project over the top of the existing project directory at its new home. The down side to this is that your project properties will be lost as soon as you delete the project.

The other way is to manually edit the .project file and add the correct nature and builder tags by copying them from another .project file.

I don't know if Eclipse wiped out your project properties because it couldn't find the .project file.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 13-May-2008 18:02

The delete and import existing worked a treat. I had some source under a directory called cur and decided that I really wanted a src and run directory under cur per my normal practice. So, I moved the old cur down into cur/src and created cur/run. By moving the dot files from cur/src into cur and then importing cur, I got exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

This thread is closed