Installing Openedge Architect on Vista

Posted by Admin on 04-Apr-2008 08:40

Hi All,

Well I am well and truly stumped...

I just downloaded and installed the OpenEdge 10.1C Evaluation version onto a Vista machine and am getting the following error when running OpenEdge Architect:

"Not Licensed to run OpenEdge Architect version: 10.1C"

I've triple checked the evaluation serial number and control codes that was emailed to myself and they are indeed correct.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Is there any special install instructions when using Windows Vista? I did the install as an Administrator and are running OEA as Administrator so I don't think permissions is a problem...

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Philip

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Apr-2008 16:30

I have a licensed copy of vista running on Vista ultimate. As a user I am an administrator but have never had to right-click and install or run anything as administrator in Progress. I am now on SP1 and still no problems.

I haven't tried the evaluation.

I just posted this as I know sometimes I like some assurance that it is running in your environment.

Is there a licence addendum for the evaluation? Download it as save as htm and point to it to install you licence keys. Know know then you haven't made a mistake.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 08-Apr-2008 04:58

This is most probably registry problem.

How does your "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PSC" look like ?

Posted by GregHiggins on 19-Aug-2008 07:48

What should it look like? I have the same problem.

Posted by kevin_saunders on 20-Aug-2008 02:21

If you export the registry keys and open the subsequent file in Notepad or the like, you will see there are extra characters (unprintable so it looks like a little box) at the end of some of the lines. Remove these characters and import the file back into the registry and it should be fixed.

Posted by rotherma on 20-Aug-2008 06:59

There was an Exchange 2008 session on our product support on Vista. Slide 10 starts the OpenEdge product support.

http://www.psdn.com/library/entry.jspa?externalID=5220

- judy

This thread is closed