Cannot see run-time files

Posted by ericg on 09-Dec-2008 18:45

Hello. I setup Architect 10.1C on a compile to send the .r files to the bin folder. But it would always created a sub-folder called src and place the files there. Even if I specify the build destination in Preferences to go to the bin folder. But this didn't help. Anyways that is a seperate problem. My more pressing problem is in the Resources tab in the project tree and it shows the bin and src folder but will not display the file names? The files are there. Any suggestions?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 09-Dec-2008 19:07

Yes, there is a way to do this.

In the project properties look at the PROPATH node. The second tab allows you to setup what is called "source directories". These are directories in your project that become propath entries, but also serve as a root path when calculating the relative paths for the build destination. In addition, each source directory can have its own build destination. This setting overrides the default build destination for each project. Any files outside the source directories will still go to the default project build destination.

For your other issue, check to make sure that the r-code filter for the resources view is turned off. On the resources view menu (the little down arrow) select the filters option and turn off the *.r filter and you r-code should then show up.

Posted by ericg on 09-Dec-2008 19:41

Wow thanks Matthew, Architect now displays the compiled files in the project tree bin/src folder. But I tried setting the PROPATH and it still places the compiled files into bin/src folder. Even after restarting Architect. My settings look something like this:

Under PROPATH tab:

@\bin

@\bin

@\src

@

...Standard stuff...

On the Source tab:

@\bin

And under this the Build Destination is set to Default Location.

Any suggestions why the r files are still not being placed in the bin folder and not the src sub folder?

Posted by Matt Baker on 09-Dec-2008 20:36

You can see that it is setup properly because you'll get a different icon for the 'src' directory. If you're just seeing the default folder icon then you haven't created a source directory. For your '@{ROOT\src' directory, remove it and add it through the second tab on the PROPATH property page. You will get a different icon that looks like a folder with a yellow arrow on it, you'll also see that it has an extra child node for target directory that normal PROPATH entries don't have. This is the directory you want to set to your r-code directory.

Should be something like:

@\bin

@\src

@\bin

@

all

...Standard stuff...

To see how it would be setup, create a new project using the new project wizard. On the first page of the wizard there are options to create source and target directories. Turn these on and finish the wizard, then look at the PROPATH property page for that project and you'll see how it should look.

Posted by ericg on 10-Dec-2008 16:40

Hey that is great Matthew. I created a new project, specified separate folders for the procedures and compiled files, then looked at the new project properties for an example. Thank you very much.

This thread is closed