Major panic! Any help appreciated

Posted by ojfoggin on 16-Mar-2009 12:37

Hi guys,

I've been evaluating OEA for the past week or so and tomorrow we have a dev meeting where I am supposed to show the other dev guys what the deal is with it.

However, I tried installing the VSS plugin and found the software update bit. That rendered OEA useless so had to do a reinstall.

Done that and got back to my workspace but now when I try to run any .NET gui apps from the visual designer I get the error ...

"Could not find class or interface lookup. (12886)

• <workspace folder>\.metadata\.plugins\com.openedge.pdt.text\temp.dir\runclass-lookup-5956.p Could not understand line 1. (196)"

I have tried deleting the metadata folder and imported the database connections etc... to an empty workspace and now I can run NEW .NET apps but I still get the error with old ones.

Is there any way I can find what is happenning here and a way to fix it?!

Why do these things always happen 5 minuteds before home time?!

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 16-Mar-2009 12:55

The error message is coming from the ABL and not OEA. I would hazard a guess that your PROPATH is wrong in your launch configuration settings for your old classes, but when you run a new one a new launch config is created with the updated PROPATH so everything works ok.

Open the launch config dialog and in the OpenEdge Application sections find the one that corresponds to the lookup class that you are trying to run. Review the PROPATH or delete it and let it be recreated.

Posted by ojfoggin on 16-Mar-2009 13:23

Thanks,

I'll give that a go.

Oliver

Posted by ojfoggin on 17-Mar-2009 04:00

Well it's definitely something to do with the propath but it's very odd indeed.

I have a subfolder (gui) of the project. At the moment the propath points to root.

If I make a cls file and it has the class name gui.form then it won't pick it up.

If I add the gui folder to the propath then it creates the file with the gui.form name but I have to delete the gui. from it for it to work?!

I can't work out why this is happening?

Also if, I create a GUI app in the root folder it works with no problems.

Message was edited by:

Oliver Foggin

This thread is closed