Customization Editor (Template override ABL Form Layout)

Posted by Admin on 14-Apr-2009 03:19

At the moment, i'm trying to override the standard items: ABL Form, ABL MDI Form, ABL Dialog. I already succeseded with the ABL MDI Form.

I created a JET project and generated my own Java Class. So my own Form will be generated with the template override functonality of Customization Editor.

So, everything works great. But when i'm trying to override "ABL Form Layout" with the Customization Editor. Nothing happened Still the old fashioned looking form!

I have already searched google, KB and PSDN and i didn't get the right answer. I used the pdf file "Working with Custom Templates" for creating templates. Like i said, it works great with the ABL MDI Form but i didn't work with ABL Form Layout. Does someone knows what i'm doing wrong? Or isn't it possible to override the ABL Form layout?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 16-Apr-2009 13:52

The new form wizard uses the new class template, it does not have its own template code.  This is also true of the ABL Dialog and ABL Control wizards.  The code generated into InitializeComponent cannot be overriden as it is part of the wizard and is calculated the same way the VD generates code.

This thread is closed