Oracle

Posted by christophe.mabileau on 06-May-2009 03:14

I'd like to create a connection profile for an oracle database. I have installed the JDBC driver (thin and datadirect->evaluation version). The database is running but the connection doesn't work.

Anybody knows how to make this kind of connection?

Here attached some screen shots.

Thanks.

Connection profile DataDirect.jpg

Connection profile Thin.jpg

Error msg Thin.jpg

All Replies

Posted by davidkerkhofs3 on 07-May-2009 03:25

With the thin oracle driver, you can copy the connection description from the tnsnames.ora file from Oracle after the @:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.44.8.226)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME = chronos)))

So you get as url:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.44.8.226)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME = chronos)))

Posted by christophe.mabileau on 07-May-2009 04:11

Thank you for your answer.

I still have a problem with my connection profile. Now, I have this oracle message "ORA-01017 : Invalid username/password; login denied". If I start AppBuilder with this oracle database, I don't have this message.

Posted by davidkerkhofs3 on 07-May-2009 07:07

Are you sure about the credentials you filled in?
Case sensitivity and so on...

Seems like a correct message from ORACLE is returning, you can check your database log for the connection attempt.

Posted by christophe.mabileau on 07-May-2009 07:29

Yes, the user name and the password are right. Do you where I can find a documentation about "Database connections" and "Connection profiles" for Oracle Databases.

I tried to run SQL+ and it's ok. I'm on the fog!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Posted by davidkerkhofs3 on 08-May-2009 03:41

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html

Have you tried using GT86 as user instead of GT86@chronos?

Posted by christophe.mabileau on 11-May-2009 03:39

Thank you David. My connection profile is starting!!!!

Thanks a lot.

This thread is closed