OEA Compile options

Posted by Admin on 08-Jul-2009 04:49

Is it possible to modify the COMPILE statement options used when compiling files from OpenEdge Architect.

Im interested in adding MIN-SIZE and GENERATE-MD5.

All Replies

Posted by GSchug on 08-Jul-2009 05:32

Hi Mike,

as far as I know, OpenEdge Architect "compiles" by running the program "_idecompile.p" that can be found in the following directory: %DLC%\oeide\architect\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.text_10.2.0.01\runtime (Version 10.2a01).

I have checked this file and found neither "MD5" nor "min-size". So the answer is "no".

Best regards

Gunnar Schug

Posted by Admin on 08-Jul-2009 06:26

Thanks for the answer!

Actually I was hoping for a solution where I don't have to modify a file that is maintained by PSC (possenet is over).

Maybe Sunil can tell us if that's already on the roadmap...

Posted by Sunil Belgaonkar on 08-Jul-2009 08:16

I believe there is a ERS 3774 logged for compile options enhancements - so this is on the roadmap. If you have access to this ERS system, feel free to append / elaborate and may be vote on it.

Thanks

Sunil.

Posted by Admin on 08-Jul-2009 09:00

I've added GENERATE-MD5 and MIN-SIZE to the enhancement request and voted for it.

Thanks Sunil!

Posted by Matt Baker on 08-Jul-2009 13:21

As a warning to the more "adventurous" types, don't add MIN-SIZE to _idecompile.p program.  Doing so will break both the debugger and a parts of OpenEdge Architect content assistance.  Doing so in a deployment environment is fine, but in a development environment, OEA relies on the parts of the r-code that are present when this option is not used.

This thread is closed