OEA handling (keys and mouse) and debugging

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 11-Sep-2009 08:24

Hello,

i have some handling problems with OEA.

1.) I like to use OEA more without mouse.

How can run my start.p with one key or mouseclick?

if i choose the Play Button in the menu the OEA tries to run the acutal windows as a new (existing) Run Configuration.

My workaround is opening start.p in editor or using the drop down menu form the Play button.

Isn't it possible to configure that Play plays my start.p every time by default?

2.) How can i run more actions with one button?

Like setting perspective, clean and compile the whole project, start my start.p by default with the debugger with one click.

3.) Can i prevent that the debugger stops every time on the first line of code?

(I would like to run debugger by default as i know from VS because i don't like to have 2 debuggers, internal and external)

4.) Problem with ALERT-BOX

If i run the debugger in single steps and there is a MESSAGE VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX this box is anywhere in the background.

5.) Terminating application (like hanging caused by a invisible ALERT-BOX)

The debugger isn't able to terminate the application, why?

Regards,

Stefan

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 11-Sep-2009 08:32

Isn't it possible to configure that Play plays my start.p every time by

default?

Yes. There's an option in the Eclipse preferences (Windows>Prefs>Run/Debug>Launching) that lets you decide ("Always launch previously launched").

-- peter

Posted by Matt Baker on 12-Sep-2009 11:50

You can setup a launch configuration to run the current selection.  Create a launch configuration and set the "launch selection in workspace".  By default the OEA launch shortcut already has a keystroke associated with it ctrl+alt+x, g I believe.  You can change it from preferences if you don't like it.

For other keybindings look in window->preferences->genal->keys. There are hundreds of available commands you can bind to keystrokes.

The AVM is single threaded so anytime there is a message box on the screen it doesn't respond to any other requests, including certain types of requests from the debugger.

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 28-Sep-2009 07:42

Thanks all for you answer but some questions aber still unsolved.

Like setting perspective, clean and compile the whole project, start my start.p by default with the debugger with one click.

The main question is "more actions with one keystroke"

3.) Can i prevent that the debugger stops every time on the first line of code?

(I would like to run debugger by default as i know from VS because i don't like to have 2 debuggers, internal and external)

No chance?

4.) Problem with ALERT-BOX

If i run the debugger in single steps and there is a MESSAGE VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX this box is anywhere in the background.

5.) Terminating application (like hanging caused by a invisible ALERT-BOX)

The debugger isn't able to terminate the application, why?

Meanwhile i am not amused from 4 and 5. Perhaps PSC should solve the multithreading problem.

During debugging this is very disturbing.

Stefan

Posted by Matt Baker on 28-Sep-2009 07:48

The main question is "more actions with one keystroke"

A quick search on Google for scripting in Eclipse revealed this.

http://www2.aptana.com/docs/index.php/About_Eclipse_Monkey

This thread is closed