Debugging in Architect

Posted by bheavican on 10-Nov-2009 08:53

Progress 10.2A02

When I try to launch a debug configuration in Architect I'm getting an error message "No r-code found; r-code is required.  Please check your project PROPATH settings." and nothing happens.  My project PROPATH includes the folders in my project that I'm trying to debug.  "Running" the same launch configuration works fine.  Has anyone seen this before or know what to look for to fix it?

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 10-Nov-2009 11:43

Hello,

This error message is shown when the r-code for the program being launched is not found.

Check that the program has r-code and that the PROPATH in the launch configuration (which refers to the project by default) contains a directory reference to find the r-code.

I hope this helps.

Posted by bheavican on 10-Nov-2009 13:04

My launch configuration is set to run a specific .w.  The .w and the r-code are in two separate folders.  Both of these folders are in my propath.  Neither of these folders actually reside in my project.  The .w starts my application and then the propath is used to run my current code as well as everything else that i'm not changing.

I tried to change the startup file to run the r-code and when I do that the debugger perspective opens and I get a little window that says "Source not found" and a button that says to "Edit Source Lookup Path..."  I used that button to add the folder where my .w resides and pressed the go button and everything seems to be working fine.  After successfully running it, I tried to launch the configuration again and I got the same little window.  This time I removed the source path to the .w folder and hit the go button and everything still worked fine.  What am I missing/misunderstanding?

Posted by egarcia on 10-Nov-2009 13:56

Both of these folders are in my
propath.

I am guessing that the problem here is that the startup program is using an absolute path and the location of the r-code cannot be resolved.

The code that tries to find the r-code for the startup program, uses the PROPATH and the source destinations defined for the project. In this case, because the path is absolute, it expects to find the r-code at the same location of the .w file.

I would suggest to just call the startup program using the name of the program. This should solve the issue.

I used that button to add the folder where my .w resides and pressed the go button and everything seems to be working fine. 

There seems to be a bug here.

In my environment, after I add the folder, the text of the .w file is not shown in the editor, it says "Source not found.".

Do you see the text of the .w file in the editor after adding it to the source lookup?

This issue can be reported to Technical Support so that it is investigated.

Posted by bheavican on 10-Nov-2009 14:08

Changing how I called the program fixed my problem.  Thank you.  And the debugger worked the same for me.  After I added the folder the text of the .w file is not shown in the editor.

This thread is closed